ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling with 1 month validity on visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinit_tyagi
Newly Registered

travelling with 1 month validity on visa

Post by vinit_tyagi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi,
I am on tier 2 general visa which is going to expire on 15 dec 2015. I will be filing for renewal in late nov or dec itself.
I have to take my mother back to India in nov as her visitor visa expires in nov. My question is:
Is it OK for me to travel when I have less than one month validity on my visa. Someone said they might not allow me in when I have very short validity on my visa.

Thanks,
Vinit

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: travelling with 1 month validity on visa

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:57 pm

As long as you remain on the payroll of the UK company and your company is aware of this trip, I don't see any issues as the immigration. You can travel in/out of UK as long as your visa is valid. If you want to avoid any unnecessary issue while coming back, maybe you can carry a letter from your employer stating that you are traveling to XXX country on a personal trip and is scheduled to join back the company on XXX date. This should suffice.

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:56 am

HI

I want to ask if you had any problem returning back to UK? I am on same state now and I was wondering if less time on visa validity will cause any problem? I would highly appreciate your reply.

Also, can someone please clarify what this means??

Absences from the UK (section 233-235 of Tier 2 visa guidance)

If you have been granted entry clearance, or leave to remain for more than 6 months, your
leave will not lapse when you leave the common travel area if you continue to be employed
by, and have not ceased working for, your sponsor for a period of one calendar month or
more (see paragraph 243 below), unless your leave passes its expiry date or you stay
outside the UK for more than 2 years.
234.However, if you do not have entry clearance or you have leave to remain which was granted
for less than 6 months, your leave will lapse if you leave the common travel area.
235.It is important to make sure that if you are travelling overseas for any reason that you fully
understand the implications of your leave lapsing or expiring while you are overseas. You
may need to wait 12 months until you could apply to return to the UK under Tier 2 if this
happens.

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi Flower2013,

Why not just apply before traveling. My visa is expiring soon in Jan 2017 and I am planning to apply in end of OCT 2016.

You can always apply before leaving until unless you cannot do that.

Regards,
dragon

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Thanks for your reply. What I have understood is you can only apply 3 months in advance to your visa expiry date.
I don't want to go same day cause that's a lot of money and if I do postal it might take atleast a month.
I need to travel to attend a wedding and by the time I return I will have 2 months remaining
Please advise if it's safe to travel

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Flower2013, to be honest, there is no rule stating that you have to apply within 3 months, you can apply anytime then only problem is that your extension time will be less.

I myself don't wanna take risk so I am planning to do one day service and as moonlight55 mentioned you could get a letter from your employer and then travel.

But like I said, I were you or in-fact I am traveling as well in December and my visa expires in Jan that's why I am planning to do extend in OCT but its all about what suits you. If what you mentioned below suits you then by all means go for it.

Regards,
dragon

flower2013
Newly Registered

Post by flower2013 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Thank you for your quick response