ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two Verbal Job Offers/RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arpcw
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Two Verbal Job Offers/RLMT

Post by Arpcw » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:41 am

I currently have two verbal jobs offers. They have explained that they need to conduct the RLMT before they can proceed with other formalities (i.e., issuing an official job offer letter).

I've explicitly said yes (but only verbally through an agency) to the first employer and implicitly said yes to the second by agreeing for them to conduct the RLMT. However, I know that I will ultimately have to pick one or the other. I'm trying to figure out if I'm being prudent or screwing up my reputation by keeping both of them on the hook (or perhaps I'm being both). Should I inform one of them ASAP that I've picked the other or is it unwise to do that prior to the RLMT?

My other issue with this is that in previous job searches, I've always been told to never take an offer seriously until you get it officially, in writing, and obviously neither employer is legally able to do that until RLMT is done. Should I just wait for both of them to conduct RLMT and then pick one shortly before they get to the CoS step? Obviously I wouldn't want two companies to attempt to file CoS for me.

I've been assured by both recruiters that RLMT shouldn't be a problem, but I am also anxious about just believing verbal promises. I mean, technically there's no guarantee they won't come out of RLMT with a different person they want to hire, right?

The fact that the first one is through an agency is also a pain communication-wise, because I feel like I'm playing a game of telephone (or BrE 'Chinese whispers'), where I am always the last person in the loop, possibly with the most distorted information. But the second company also seems new to sponsorship, so who knows which one is better to trust.

Arpcw
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Re: Two Verbal Job Offers/RLMT

Post by Arpcw » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 am

Any ideas here? Should I tell one employer to stop RLMT and go with the other?

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Two Verbal Job Offers/RLMT

Post by gag285 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:16 am

If I was you I would work in my own interest.