ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVA sponsor audit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navsui
Newly Registered

UKVA sponsor audit

Post by navsui » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:05 pm

My sponsor has received a UKVA audit email. He said along with other things two employees have been named to be interviewed. One of them is me. I got hurt two days ago and slipped by back disc. GP asked me to fill a self assessment form along with appointment card and send that to sponsor as proof of sickness. I sent my GP contact details and the proof of sickness to sponsor. GP will reassess after 5 days and issue a doctors note if required. I am genuinely hurt and in terrible pain. My employer is persisting I come for this interview even though my condition is terrible. What are the implications from UKVA if an employee is unable to attend interview. I understand my sponsor can probably fire me but I have good skills to find another job. I am worried from UKVA Home Office perspective.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: UKVA sponsor audit

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Go to that interview at any cost.

Slipped disk is painful (been there). Take your medication, walk with a stick, get cab or ask a friend for a lift and go to that interview.

They do these audits because they suspect something is fishy with the company practices when it comes to Tier 2 rules. The risk is the revocation of the Tier 2 license and curtailment of visas issues under that license.

They are not going to revoke the license just because you are ill and can't talk to them. But you will miss the opportunity to talk to these auditors and make your point.

navsui
Newly Registered

Post by navsui » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi
I have torn muscle and slip disc. I am around 3 hrs away from where the interview is and genuinely saying I just can't sit or stand for that long. If it was possible I would have definitely attended. I understand Tier 2 license of employer may be revoked. I would like to know the implications to the employee for non attendance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:19 pm

navsui wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:17 pm
Hi
I have torn muscle and slip disc. I am around 3 hrs away from where the interview is and genuinely saying I just can't sit or stand for that long. If it was possible I would have definitely attended. I understand Tier 2 license of employer may be revoked. I would like to know the implications to the employee for non attendance.

The Home Office may offer to see you at another suitable time (after your off-sick period) or they can take a decision regarding the Tier 2 License without hearing you. If the license is revoked, any sponsored employee on Tier 2 visa will receive a 60 days curtailment notice. This means these Tier 2 visas would cease to be valid after 60 days from the letter.

You can try to offer to see them over video link such as Skype or similar. They may or may not accept the video link offer but at least it will show some good faith.