ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Under sponsorship but being made redundant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

miss_kane
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Under sponsorship but being made redundant

Post by miss_kane » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi every one,

I have some questions regarding of my Visa
Currently I’m being sponsored for 3 years under Tier 2 (General), I just had that for 4 months. Unfortunately the company I work for change direction and made me redundant. They will report to HRMC in 8th of May.

- How long could I stay in UK from that date ?
- Could Visa be transferred or brought by my potential new employer ? I just read that I need to apply for new one but in this case the Visa is quite new hence I wonder there’s any exception ?
- Do my new employer need to wait until 8/5 to do new Visa for me or can do it before ?
- I also have my husband and a son depending on me. Do they need to apply together with me if I have new one or can keep using their current ones ?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Under sponsorship but being made redundant

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 pm

They will report to HRMC in 8th of May.
You mean Home Office (HO). HMRC doesn't deal with visas.
- How long could I stay in UK from that date ?
Depends how long HO take to send you a curtailment letter, which can take many months. The letter will give you 60 days.
- Could Visa be transferred or brought by my potential new employer ? I just read that I need to apply for new one but in this case the Visa is quite new hence I wonder there’s any exception ?
No unfortunatley your visa not transferable or 'for sale'. Your new employer must be a licenced sponsor and you will have to pay for a new visa, including IHS fees.
- Do my new employer need to wait until 8/5 to do new Visa for me or can do it before ?
They can issue a CoS at any point provided they have completed the full and proper RLMT process.
- I also have my husband and a son depending on me. Do they need to apply together with me if I have new one or can keep using their current ones ?
No they do not have to apply with you for a new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

miss_kane
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by miss_kane » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi Char,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Your answers are really helpful and clear out all of my concerns.

Thank you very much!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:09 pm

You're welcome. Feel free to continue in this topic if you have any further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NAR00
Mood:

Post by NAR00 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:52 pm

With regards to dependents' visa, I believe they will need to get a new extension/visa if the main applicant switches her Tier 2 General visa to a new employer after 8 May 2018 as the current employer would have initiated the termination and the curtailement of current dependents visa(s) is just a matter of time... However, they can keep their current dependent visa only if the main applicant switches to a new employer before the date the current employer terminates the main applicant.

Is my above understanding correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:46 am

NAR00 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:52 pm
With regards to dependents' visa, I believe they will need to get a new extension/visa if the main applicant switches her Tier 2 General visa to a new employer after 8 May 2018 as the current employer would have initiated the termination and the curtailement of current dependents visa(s) is just a matter of time... However, they can keep their current dependent visa only if the main applicant switches to a new employer before the date the current employer terminates the main applicant.

You are wrong. PBS Dependents DO NOT have to apply for a new visa with the main applicant if they still have a visa valid for a couple of years. The ONLY time a PBS Dependent is required to apply as well is IF their visas are also curtailed at some point.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NAR00
Mood:

Post by NAR00 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:46 am
NAR00 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:52 pm

You are wrong. PBS Dependents DO NOT have to apply for a new visa with the main applicant if they still have a visa valid for a couple of years. The ONLY time a PBS Dependent is required to apply as well is IF their visas are also curtailed at some point.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html
Many thanks CR001, this is clear.

One more clarification - for which I will be very thankful for your advise.

Assuming the main applicant switches employer successfully and obtains a new T2G visa (after being made redundant and before receiving the curtailment letter), will the UKVI correlate this new visa application and stop the curtailment process for previous T2G visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Most likely yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NAR00
Mood:

Post by NAR00 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Not sure where to post this, but thought to share it here as it may help someone else.

I received my curtailement letter today. My employer made me redundant earlier this month and notified UKVI on 4th April 2018. Curtailement decision was made on 18 April 2018 and I received the letter today stating 24 June 2018 is my last date in the UK. Quite frankly, I was thinking it will take UKVI more time to serve me the cirtailement letter, but here you go - it took less than 3 weeks!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:20 am

NAR00 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 pm
Not sure where to post this, but thought to share it here as it may help someone else.

I received my curtailement letter today. My employer made me redundant earlier this month and notified UKVI on 4th April 2018. Curtailement decision was made on 18 April 2018 and I received the letter today stating 24 June 2018 is my last date in the UK. Quite frankly, I was thinking it will take UKVI more time to serve me the cirtailement letter, but here you go - it took less than 3 weeks!
It is possible that UKVI is now more efficient in issuing curtailment letters and it could also depend on individual's situation.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

miss_kane
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by miss_kane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:57 pm

NAR00 wrote:

I’m sorry to hear that. :(
About my sistuation, after long time looking for new job and failed constantly, I got job offer and took me 3 months for whole process, finally I got new BPR.
I have some following questions :
- We’ve never received curtailment letter. It seems that my family doesn’t need to apply new VISA as Char’s answer right ?
- According to the rule, I can work extra 20h/week for another employer that offers me similar job and I don’t need to report to Home Office. My question is how do I work with them ? As a contractor ? And how do I report income for tax, etc ... ?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:11 am

miss_kane wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:57 pm
NAR00 wrote:

I’m sorry to hear that. :(
About my sistuation, after long time looking for new job and failed constantly, I got job offer and took me 3 months for whole process, finally I got new BPR.
I have some following questions :
- We’ve never received curtailment letter. It seems that my family doesn’t need to apply new VISA as Char’s answer right ?
- According to the rule, I can work extra 20h/week for another employer that offers me similar job and I don’t need to report to Home Office. My question is how do I work with them ? As a contractor ? And how do I report income for tax, etc ... ?
Thanks
You cannot contract on tier 2. Your second job must be at the same level and skill as your main job and you must be a PAYE employee on their payroll.
Char (CR001 not Casa)