ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

** Urgent Assistance Required ** Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependant to Tier 2 General in Covid 19 Restriction

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mavr80
Newly Registered

** Urgent Assistance Required ** Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependant to Tier 2 General in Covid 19 Restriction

Post by mavr80 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:40 pm

My home country is India. I am currently residing and working in UK with tier-2 ICT dependent visa and its valid till Feb 21. I recently got COS for Tier-2 general Visa. At this COVID19 situation, Can i able to apply the visa from UK itself? Or should i need to travel back to India for Visa process? All visa centers in India remains closed and also had restriction for internal flights. Could anyone please assist me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ** Urgent Assistance Required ** Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependant to Tier 2 General in Covid 19 Restriction

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:48 pm

No you can't, you have to apply from home country. The exemption to apply within the UK is only applicable to those who have visas expiring by the end of July 2020. You don't qualify based on this at this stage.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
If you’re applying to stay in the UK long-term
You can apply from the UK to switch to a long-term UK visa until 31 July 2020 if your leave expires between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020. This includes applications where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to meet the requirements of the route you are applying for and pay the UK application fee.

This includes those whose leave has already been extended to 31 July 2020.

You can apply online. The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mavr80
Newly Registered

Re: ** Urgent Assistance Required ** Switching from Tier-2 ICT Dependant to Tier 2 General in Covid 19 Restriction

Post by mavr80 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:57 pm

Thanks for your quick response. What will happen, if i could not able to travel to India for bio-metrics within 3 months due to COVID Restrictions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:01 pm

You will need a new CoS, if UKVI does not change the current guidance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mavr80
Newly Registered

Post by mavr80 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks Again. Does the 3 months deadline is for making bio metrics or for applying online and paying fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:22 pm

mavr80 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:15 pm
Thanks Again. Does the 3 months deadline is for making bio metrics or for applying online and paying fees?
Applying online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mavr80
Newly Registered

Post by mavr80 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Thank you so much. Is there any deadline for attending bio metrics after applying online?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:33 pm

mavr80 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:30 pm
Thank you so much. Is there any deadline for attending bio metrics after applying online?
Usually yes, about 45 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mavr80
Newly Registered

Post by mavr80 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Am I eligible now to switch within UK as per the latest guidelines below?

You can also apply from the UK if your leave expires after 31 July 2020 but you urgently need to make a new application, for example to start a new job or course of study, and cannot leave the UK to make an application from overseas. This includes applications to switch into a different work route or to change jobs in the same route using a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).

varshashastri
India

Post by varshashastri » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:01 am

mavr80 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:11 pm

You can also apply from the UK if your leave expires after 31 July 2020 but you urgently need to make a new application, for example to start a new job or course of study, and cannot leave the UK to make an application from overseas. This includes applications to switch into a different work route or to change jobs in the same route using a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).
Did you get to know anything about this?
Can a tier 2 dependent apply to switch to tier 2 main applicant within the UK under new guidelines?

cuckobirds
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cuckobirds » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi, Did you get any update on this from your employer or Visa consultants ? This particular update on 29th Jun is bit vague as well.
Any body in the similar situation who had applied within UK itself ?

abiuk
Newly Registered

Post by abiuk » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:23 pm

mavr80 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Hello experts,
It would be really helpful if you enlighten us on the above new guidelines.
I have created a visa application online and submitted it by paying IHS surcharge and the visa fee. Now it is asking me to select UK Visa Application Centres from India and not from UK.

cuckobirds
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by cuckobirds » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi. Which site you had used to apply. Did you used Switching to visa UK from gov.uk link or Visaforuk site