ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help - PBS/ILR dependant extension ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajchaitanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Urgent help - PBS/ILR dependant extension ?

Post by rajchaitanya » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi Experts,

I have recently applied for ILR(Dec 06th) and still waiting for the result .
But I can see my RightToWork status got changed to
"There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK " .

Can this be considered as ILR approval ?
Now the major concern is , me and my wife's visa is getting expired on Dec 14th 2019 and I am planning to apply to for extension for my wife.
Not sure whether I need to apply for PBS Tier 2 General dependant or FLR(M) . As her visa is about to expire in two days , I am thinking at least to submit an application online. So that she will be having a legal right to stay in UK.

Please advise on what will be best way to sort this issue .

Regards,
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent help - PBS/ILR dependant extension ?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Can this be considered as ILR approval ?
Presumably yes.
Now the major concern is , me and my wife's visa is getting expired on Dec 14th 2019 and I am planning to apply to for extension for my wife.
Not sure whether I need to apply for PBS Tier 2 General dependant or FLR(M) . As her visa is about to expire in two days , I am thinking at least to submit an application online. So that she will be having a legal right to stay in UK.
1. If you got ILR based on 5 years Tier 2, then yes she extends her PBS Dependent visa, which will be a 3 year extension. She must apply online BEFORE her visa expires.

2. If you got ILR based on 10 years long residence, then she must switch to FLR(M), meeting the English and financial requirements and this route will also reset her 5 year ILR clock to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajchaitanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajchaitanya » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks CR001 for the prompt response.

Yes, my ILR is based on 5 years Tier 2 Gen route. So can I apply for PBS dependant without official ILR confirmation ?

Will I be requiring any of the following ?

1. ILR BRP while applying for dependant.
2. My employer supporting letter

rajchaitanya
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rajchaitanya » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Experts ,

In addition to the above , my wife has arrived to UK on August 2018 on Tier 2 PBS dependant.

So can I apply for Extension for 5 years(under more than 3 years route) , after which she will be eligible for ILR .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:41 pm

1. ILR BRP while applying for dependant.
The form asks for your last tier 2 details. The IHS asks for your ILR expiry date, which you must only put for 3 years from now, i.e. x December 2022.
2. My employer supporting letter
No. You must however prove 90 maintenance funds of £630 per dependent.
In addition to the above , my wife has arrived to UK on August 2018 on Tier 2 PBS dependant.

So can I apply for Extension for 5 years(under more than 3 years route) , after which she will be eligible for ILR .
No you cannot. It is a 3 year extension as a PBS Dependents as stated in the Immigration Rules. There is no discretion on this by HO as they follow what the Immigration Rules state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.