ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT pls.. change of job, but same employer and potentially same SOC code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srsw

URGENT pls.. change of job, but same employer and potentially same SOC code

Post by srsw » Mon May 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi,

A job has been advertised in my company, which potentially falls under the same SOC code (as far as I can make out from the Job description/responsibilities). It pays better and in the next grade.

The advert was published a couple of weeks ago and will remain open for another week, so won't meet the 28 days RLMT requirement. They may extend the advert if they don't get enough applications I guess.

I know if it's same employer and same SOC code then there is no need for a change of employment visa application and just updating SMS system with new increased salary and job designation may suffice, however, I'm not clear on the RLMT part. Does the advert need to meet RLMT requirement?

I'll check with my HR team regarding SOC code before I apply (don't want to waste my time if it's different SOC code)

Appreciate any quick guidance as I don't have much time left to apply. Thank you.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: URGENT pls.. change of job, but same employer and potentially same SOC code

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 20, 2019 7:25 pm

As long it is the same SOC and your move to the role would be considered as a natural progression / promotion there is no need for a new COS or RLMT

srsw

Re: URGENT pls.. change of job, but same employer and potentially same SOC code

Post by srsw » Mon May 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:25 pm
As long it is the same SOC and your move to the role would be considered as a natural progression / promotion there is no need for a new COS or RLMT
Oh great! Thanks a lot @FrintierMole.
Appreciate your quick response 🙏