ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vacation allowed on Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohemed2087
Newly Registered
India

Vacation allowed on Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa

Post by mohemed2087 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 General PBS dependent visa, Because of personal reason I need to back to India for probably more than a year. Will this be problem if I am planning to apply for ILR along with my husband who is the main applicant?.
I have read that if you are planning for ILR while on Tier 2 General the vacation should not be 180 days a year in these 5 year tenure. Is this applicable for dependents as well? or only the main applicant.

Responses are much appreciated!

Casa

Re: Vacation allowed on Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 pm

mohemed2087 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 pm
Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 General PBS dependent visa, Because of personal reason I need to back to India for probably more than a year. Will this be problem if I am planning to apply for ILR along with my husband who is the main applicant?.
I have read that if you are planning for ILR while on Tier 2 General the vacation should not be 180 days a year in these 5 year tenure. Is this applicable for dependents as well? or only the main applicant.

Responses are much appreciated!
The PBS Dependent absence rule only applies to a dependant granted a period of leave from 11.01.2018
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mohemed2087
Newly Registered
India

Re: Vacation allowed on Tier 2 general PBS dependent visa

Post by mohemed2087 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi,

Could you please elaborate?

Thanks