ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

validate English requirement for Tier 2 general visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dilshansaminda
Newly Registered
Qatar

validate English requirement for Tier 2 general visa

Post by dilshansaminda » Sat May 18, 2019 9:19 am

Recently I have got my Cos and planning to apply for Tier 2 General visa soon. One of the requirements listed under "Document you must provide" page is required to provide either IELTS or an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD.

I have got a Bsc in computing and information system awarded by London Metropolitan University but delivered it through an affiliated campus in Sri Lanka. Since the degree was delivered through a Srilankan campus I have requested from UKNARIC for a medium of instruction letter. After reviewing my request they have sent the below reply,

"Unfortunately, we cannot provide an evaluation of this qualification for the following reason:

The qualification you have submitted has been issued by a UK awarding body. Here at UK NARIC we are only able to provide comparability information for qualifications obtained overseas. Qualifications issued by British awarding bodies should be presented directly to the Home Office for their consideration"

Should directly present my degree certificate along with other documents? Seeking your advise.

Thank You,
Dilshan

xztibitz
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: validate English requirement for Tier 2 general visa

Post by xztibitz » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi Dilshan

I am in the same boat as you were. Could you please let me know whether your application was successful with the London Met degree?

Thanks in advance