ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Urgent!! Advice regarding Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hisumai123
Newly Registered
India

Very Urgent!! Advice regarding Tier 2 General Visa

Post by hisumai123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Hello,

I am a citizen from a Non-EU commonwealth country.

I was in the UK under Tier 4 Visa from Sep'18 to Feb'20. So, during my stay in the UK, I had received a 6-month Fixed Term Appointment in Scotland Govt. (NRS) as Statistician. The salary that was supposed to be provided was 25000 GBP per annum.

Even though the employer had provided a sponsorship certificate (valid for three months) for switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 while I was in the UK, since I couldn't complete the pre-employment formalities within the given time frame and since my expiry date was fast approaching, I had to leave the UK.

Now, I had even asked the employer whether it is possible to apply for a Tier 2 General Visa from outside the UK but the employer had informed me that the salary for the job being offered is less than the salary requirements required for visa application from outside the UK.

Probably, I cannot apply under the "New Entrant" category because I am over 26 years of age and presently, I am not in the UK, so, I cannot switch to Tier 2 Visa.

But, while I was in the UK and preparing my application for switching to Tier 2 Visa, I was informed by the employer that I can submit the application by categorizing my job under the "Shortage Occupation List", for the following category.

2425 Actuaries, economists, and statisticians.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

I was even informed by the employer that since the title of the advertised post was that of an assistant statistician and since statisticians deal with information, hence, the job of Statistician is classified under the above-mentioned shortage occupation categorization.

Question 1

So, my question is, should I request my employer to issue a new sponsorship certificate (by canceling the current sponsorship certificate for switching to Tier 2 Visa) that will enable me to apply for Tier 2 General Visa from outside the UK under the condition that the job of Statistician is categorized under Shortage Occupation List (as mentioned in above-mentioned job category and in the hyperlink provided above) for which the minimum salary requirement is 20800 GBP per annum, and thereby satisfies the salary of 25000 GBP being offered by the Fixed-Term appointment job in Scotland Government?

Please provide any advice or suggestion or any relevant information regarding this immigration-related query as early as possible.

Please find the link below regarding the salary requirements for jobs in the UK.

The relevant information regarding Job category 2425 Actuaries, economists, and statisticians are mentioned under "Table 2 - Occupations skilled to Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) level 6 and above".

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

In addition, I also have another question regarding immigration to the UK.

Question 2

Having received a sponsorship certificate from the employer but failed to use it in a successful visa application whilst I was in the UK and in addition if I am not able to apply for Tier 2 General Visa from outside the UK, with regards to this specific job of Statistician, will this adversely impact any future Tier 2 Visa applications I make, with regards to any form of employment in the UK either in the public sector or in the private sector?