Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
mi_kon wrote: ↑Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pmGood evening,
I know there are many topics about tier 2 visa extension, but I really need some help to understand how the dates rules work...
I have tier 2 visa which expires at the end of May this year. My employer and I agreed to renew it sooner than later, so they are drafting a new COS with the start date 1 day after my current visa expiry date.
1. From multiple websites, but nowhere on the gov.uk website, I saw that the minimum I can apply is 3 months in advance. Does this mean I have to wait till the end of February to apply even if I have the CoS?
from 1st March 2019
2. Will my current BRP remain valid and will I receive it back with the application decision (I assume I'd have to submit it to HO as a part of the application)? Or what would be the start date on the new visa?
Once your new application is approved, you will have a new BRP and your current BRP will be destroyed. The start date on the new visa will be the date it is approved.
3. I have two passports, both valid (in my country it's allowed to have 2 passports). One is expiring next year (I used it for the original tier 2 application) and a new one. Which one should I submit to HO? Or should I send both?
I would suggest to submit both
4. If I should only submit one passport, can I use the other one for travelling (in case if I can keep my current BRP?) Am I allowed to travel whilst awaiting the decision?
I don't know
5. If I'm not allowed to travel while waiting, what is the point of this question on the CoS - "Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter the UK during the period of approval?:"
Not every category of visa is OK to apply from inside the UK