ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension for Tier 2 Dependants, Main Applicant Applying for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shaniuk
Newly Registered

Visa Extension for Tier 2 Dependants, Main Applicant Applying for ILR

Post by shaniuk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi there,
I came to the UK in September 2013, and my wife joined me one year later in September 2014 on a Tier 2 dependent visa. We had a baby in September 2016.

Now on 9th October 2018, I am applying for the ILR on 5 years of continuous employment route. I am expecting to get the decision on the same day as premium service is booked for my ILR application.

My wife's current leave to remain (Tier 2 dependant) is expiring on 15th October 2018. I am wondering, once I get my ILR, which type of leave to remain she can apply; will she qualify for the Tier 2 extension.

For my child, can I make an "application to register child under 18 as British citizen" (MN1 form)?

Just to summarise:
Main applicant: Applying for ILR on 5 years of continuous employment (9th October, premium service).
Dependant 1 (wife): Tier 2 (dependant) expiring on 15th October 2018. (one year less to complete 5 years as a Tier 2 dependant)
Dependant 2 (child): Tier 2 (dependant) expiring on 15th October 2018.

Which visa applications should be submitted for the dependant 1 and 2.

ps: much appreciate your help; had already benefited through this form for preparing my ILR application - many thanks.

- Shani

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Extension for Tier 2 Dependants, Main Applicant Applying for ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm

My wife's current leave to remain (Tier 2 dependant) is expiring on 15th October 2018. I am wondering, once I get my ILR, which type of leave to remain she can apply; will she qualify for the Tier 2 extension.
Yes she can extend her tier 2 dependent visa. The rules allow this. It will be a 3 year extension.
For my child, can I make an "application to register child under 18 as British citizen" (MN1 form)?
Was the child born in the UK??
Which visa applications should be submitted for the dependant 1 and 2.
Same as current visa, tier 2 dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shaniuk
Newly Registered

Post by shaniuk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Yes she can extend her tier 2 dependent visa. The rules allow this. It will be a 3 year extension.

She already had one extension granted on 12th September 2016, and due to expire on 15th October 2018. Can she get another extension for 3 years, or will it be 1 year?
Yes, the child was born in the UK.

ps: thank you for your quick response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:39 pm

She already had one extension granted on 12th September 2016, and due to expire on 15th October 2018. Can she get another extension for 3 years, or will it be 1 year?
The immigration rules state it will be a 3 year extension once the main PBS visa holder gets ILR. You cannot choose a lesser time.
Yes, the child was born in the UK.
Ok to register on MN1 once you have ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.