ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anamimran3519
Newly Registered

Advice needed

Post by anamimran3519 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Hello all,

I need urgent advice please. My husband is on student visa tier4 and I’m on dependent visa. We came to uk in sept 2017. My husband is doing MSc and his course is finishing in mar 2019 but our visa is till jul 2019. We have a baby girl born in sep 2018. We’ve not applied for her visa yet nor we’ve travelled out of the country yet so the baby has no passport and visa yet.

My husband is thinking of taking admission in DBA, i want to ask is it possible that he apply for visa for himself and me only? And once we get the visa then we apply for the baby? As it will save us from showing extra maintenance funds in the bank and once we get the visa we can use those funds for baby’ application?

Also is it possible to get visa if he goes for one more masters course? As this way we can spend more time here and later we can apply for baby’s passport.

How long baby has to spend in this country to get nationality?

Please reply with the best suitable option we can take
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Advice needed

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:32 pm

The baby will only qualify to be registered as British on form MN1 once EITHER parent gets ILR or if the child lives in the UK for 10 years to register on form T.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anamimran3519
Newly Registered

Post by anamimran3519 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Thanks for the reply
Can you please give your opinion on this thanks

My husband is thinking of taking admission in DBA, i want to ask is it possible that he apply for visa for himself and me only? And once we get the visa then we apply for the baby? As it will save us from showing extra maintenance funds in the bank and once we get the visa we can use those funds for baby’ application?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:09 am

anamimran3519 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:13 pm
We’ve not applied for her visa yet nor we’ve travelled out of the country yet so the baby has no passport and visa yet.

i want to ask is it possible that he apply for visa for himself and me only? And once we get the visa then we apply for the baby? As it will save us from showing extra maintenance funds in the bank and once we get the visa we can use those funds for baby’ application?
It is possible, but it might be a false economy. The child's entitlement to free hospital treatment without paying the Immigration Health Surcharge expired when it was 3 months old. Your child must now pay for any NHS treatment it receives before it has formal leave to remain in the UK. And of course non-payment of any NHS bill you are liable for is a general ground for refusal of a future applications.

See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3209
anamimran3519 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:13 pm
Also is it possible to get visa if he goes for one more masters course? As this way we can spend more time here and later we can apply for baby’s passport.
That's a question for the Tier 4 sponsor. It is possible, but it is their decision whether to sponsor him for the visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

anamimran3519
Newly Registered

Post by anamimran3519 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks for the reply. We’ve decided that we well apply for baby as well. Please clear me one thing that should we first apply now for the baby on our current visa that we have till jul 2019 as the baby is already 5 months now? Or should we wait and apply together for the baby when we will apply for extension for dba course?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:35 pm

anamimran3519 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 pm
Please clear me one thing that should we first apply now for the baby on our current visa that we have till jul 2019 as the baby is already 5 months now? Or should we wait and apply together for the baby when we will apply for extension for dba course?
Either. If the baby applies now it will only get dependant leave to July 2019, and then need to apply again. But, as advised above, once the leave is issued it will be covered for free NHS hospital treatment, which it isn't at the moment. When you apply for the baby depends on your priorities.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.