ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 4, though having visas denied before

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jeff_399
Newly Registered
Brazil

Applying for Tier 4, though having visas denied before

Post by jeff_399 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:41 am

I'm applying for a Tier 4 Visa to study a semester next year. My concern is that in the past, about 5 years ago, in 2015, i tried to apply for a visa to the U.S. and Canada and both got denied, but then, next year I decided to go to London (I don't need entry clearance to just visit the UK) to study English for 2 weeks, I stayed there 2 weeks and then got back home. I stated on my application that I got those two visas denied. My question is if will I have the risk of delays or having my Tier 4 denied even though after I lawfully visited the UK and got back home in the past?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Tier 4, though having visas denied before

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 am

jeff_399 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:41 am
My question is if will I have the risk of delays or having my Tier 4 denied even though after I lawfully visited the UK and got back home in the past?
Almost certainly no, but it depends on the reasons the US and Canada visas were refused. For example, if it was for something very serious, like deception or lying, it may affect the new application.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -clearance
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.