ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Best to reapply?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

terriblerobby
Newly Registered

Best to reapply?

Post by terriblerobby » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:54 am

So I'm really stuck on advice for my girlfriends student visa (from USA).

She got her CAS on the 1st of September, applied online the same day. Obviously we were both totally ignorant to the service, assuming to get the VISA before Sept 6 when a large family vacation was wrongly planned (entering the UK for a few days, going to France for a few and then coming back to the UK and leaving back to the USA). The original plan is she'd have her student visa by then and would just be left there to start her studies after the vacation concluded.

Her biometrics appt isn't until the 22nd of Sept so we just assumed she could go on the trip and come back to the USA to finish up her application. But we were made aware by some people online that this either: completely jeopardised her application altogether or just meant she had to edit her printed application stating the travel. She entered and left the UK with no issues.

So what is the best course of action? Should she just reapply completely or will editing the printed application and writing a cover letter suffice? Can't afford to miss much more of school.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Best to reapply?

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:24 am

terriblerobby wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:54 am
But we were made aware by some people online that this either: completely jeopardised her application altogether or just meant she had to edit her printed application stating the travel. She entered and left the UK with no issues.
She really should not be getting amateur visa advice from "some people online". She needs to speak urgently to the international student adviser at the university so she knows her options.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.