ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP lost in delivery!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elevenfive
Newly Registered
Mood:
Costa Rica

BRP lost in delivery!!!

Post by elevenfive » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:10 pm

I was about to move home when applying for visa, so I filled the online form to UKVI about my change of address. I also bought a Royal Mail Redirection Service, only found out the BRP is delivered by DX later. Through the Royal Mail Redirection I got a letter from DX said delivery to my old address has been unsuccessful and I should contact them to arrange a new delivery. I called DX, the robot on the other side of the phone could not understand the postcode I told it, and "All of our advisers are busy now why not email". Then I filled the online enquiry form on the DX website, telling them I have changed address from xxx to xxxxx and my tracking number etc. The website says they would respond within 24 hours, but I heard nothing back (It's been almost 60 hours since then). Moreover, I just tracked my delivery status and it says "Your delivery has been successful and been signed for". I got no calls or other notifications asking me to sign. Shouldn't DX verify your identity through passport etc. when delivering important stuff like BRP? My university are contacting UKVI for me around this issue now, but I suspect if they would give any response back soon. I am really worried if anyone got that BRP would use my identity to do something illegal or something cause debt...

How could the delivery "been successful and signed for" without me knowing it is still a mystery for me :evil: :cry: :? (My passport, bank card and other identity documents are with me all the time)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: BRP lost in delivery!!!

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 am

elevenfive wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:10 pm
My university are contacting UKVI for me around this issue now, but I suspect if they would give any response back soon. I am really worried if anyone got that BRP would use my identity to do something illegal or something cause debt...
The BRP has been reported missing, cancelled, and the international student adviser at your university is liaising with the Home Office over getting a replacement. I think your concerns about identity fraud are unfounded, but if you have any further queries or concerns, please speak to the adviser.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.