ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a student dependant switch to student visa while in uk?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Samopex
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Can a student dependant switch to student visa while in uk?

Post by Samopex » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:16 pm

Guys is this now possible? Student dependants switching to student visa while in the uk.

srsw

Re: Can a student dependant switch to student visa while in uk?

Post by srsw » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:30 pm

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/switch-to-this-visa

As per this, it looks like it's possible. You may have to read the full guidance for clarity.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:33 pm

srsw wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:30 pm
As per this, it looks like it's possible. You may have to read the full guidance for clarity.
Not sure why you are in any doubt. There is a list of people who cannot switch. Everyone else can switch. Dependants are not on the list.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

srsw

Post by srsw » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:47 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:33 pm
srsw wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Not sure why you are in any doubt. There is a list of people who cannot switch. Everyone else can switch. Dependants are not on the list.
Thanks for confirming. With new rules in place just want to make sure I'm being cautious with advice until I'm pretty sure 😌
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:02 am

srsw wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:47 pm
With new rules in place just want to make sure I'm being cautious with advice until I'm pretty sure 😌
If you are giving advice, you will definitely need to familiarise yourself with the new Appendix Student and other related changes to the immigration rules.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.