ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can dependent in UK eligible for work - doubt of a new rule

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaango123
Newly Registered
India

Can dependent in UK eligible for work - doubt of a new rule

Post by jaango123 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:57 am

I am asking this question as in a whatsapp group yesterday I saw that "Individuals who already have permission as dependant of a Student who is applying on this route can also apply to extend their permission as a dependant - however new dependants are not permitted on this route"

mentions that new dependents of students are not permitted to work in UK? Please can some one confirm if any new rule is implemented? I was about to apply for a dependent visa today. My Spouse is already in the UK for studies.

jaango123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can dependent in UK eligible for work - doubt of a new rule

Post by jaango123 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:09 am

To be more specific can a dependent work for the peroid even after the main applicat studies is over? Or just till the time when his studies are valid and till the last date of the course?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:02 am

jaango123 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:57 am
I am asking this question as in a whatsapp group yesterday I saw that "Individuals who already have permission as dependant of a Student who is applying on this route can also apply to extend their permission as a dependant - however new dependants are not permitted on this route"
This appears to be about the new Graduate route, not the Student route.
jaango123 wrote:
mentions that new dependents of students are not permitted to work in UK? Please can some one confirm if any new rule is implemented?
I think people are confused. There is no new rule for dependants of Students.These are the dangers of people giving each other amateur visa advice on social media.
jaango123 wrote:
To be more specific can a dependent work for the peroid even after the main applicat studies is over? Or just till the time when his studies are valid and till the last date of the course?
Yes. See Appendix Student, paragraph ST 39.3(b).
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jaango123
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaango123 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:43 pm

Thanks...

jaango123
Newly Registered
India

Post by jaango123 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:04 pm

Sorry to mention again in the post. How do I know that it is not a graduate route for my spouse.

in the Visa it is mentioned as "D- Student". I hope it is on student route and not on graduate route

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Graduate route is a completely different visa category. It is not a student visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:14 pm

What you have quoted is taken directly from the FAQ Home Office's information sheet about the Graduate route:

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/201 ... ion-route/

I strongly urge you to not rely on WhatsApp group gossip for visa information. Most people don't know what they are talking about, frankly.

If you want to know about the Graduate route, the educational charity UKCISA has a detailed guide to what was announced on 4 March, written by their experts and based on the three key documents issued by the Home Office:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6809
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.