ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in visa from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkoyya
Newly Registered
India

Change in visa from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Student

Post by jkoyya » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:15 pm

Dear all,
I'm currently on Tier 2 ICT 'on & off' since Sep'2015. But continued from Jul'2016 till date without any gaps. My visa is going to be expired by Sep'2020.

I have two questions:
1. Can I switch my visa within UK or do I need to go back to my home country (India) to switch.
2. I completed my education 25 years back. Would there be any challenges during switching process?

Kindly advise.

Many thanks.

Best regards!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Change in visa from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Student

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:11 pm

jkoyya wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:15 pm
Can I switch my visa within UK or do I need to go back to my home country (India) to switch.
See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
jkoyya wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:15 pm
I completed my education 25 years back. Would there be any challenges during switching process?
Looking at your other recent postings, you appear to be shopping around for a visa that will allow you to stay in the UK so your child can continue their education. A caseworker (and possibly a Tier 4 sponsor) might be sceptical that you are a genuine student.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jkoyya
Newly Registered
India

Re: Change in visa from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Student

Post by jkoyya » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 pm

Many thanks for your quick response.

Best regards!