ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from student visa to FLR

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vishalprince
Newly Registered
India

Changing from student visa to FLR

Post by vishalprince » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:23 pm

Hi all,

Need your advice please, I’m currently on a student visa and it’s expiring on February 9th 2023. I have failed in my dissertation and My university is not allowing me to resit(no CAS). But I asked some people and they suggested me to extend my visa through FLR by contacting a solicitor. Do you think it’s the better way or can someone share a solicitor contact or immigration advisor please?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Changing from student visa to FLR

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:33 pm

vishalprince wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:23 pm
Hi all,

Need your advice please, I’m currently on a student visa and it’s expiring on February 9th 2023. I have failed in my dissertation and My university is not allowing me to resit(no CAS). But I asked some people and they suggested me to extend my visa through FLR by contacting a solicitor. Do you think it’s the better way or can someone share a solicitor contact or immigration advisor please?
Further Leave to remain is granted on the basis of having a claim for you to be considered worthy of.
On what basis for consideration will you be applying?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:35 pm

vishalprince wrote:
they suggested me to extend my visa through FLR
Which FLR? FLR just stands for "further leave to remain" and there's a variety of ways to extend/switch the visa.
Reach out to your uni and see if they can give you any help on that. You can get a visitor visa to retake an exam, but no Graduate route transition in this case.
vishalprince wrote:
can someone share a solicitor contact or immigration advisor please?
Not allowed on this forum.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:05 am

vishalprince wrote:
I have failed in my dissertation and My university is not allowing me to resit(no CAS). But I asked some people and they suggested me to extend my visa through FLR by contacting a solicitor.
If your studies have finished, can you explain why you want or need to stay in the UK anyway? You do appear to feel entitled to extend your stay in the UK, but I am not clear why or for what.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.