ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conflict for PSW- Dependent and Skilled worker visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shijinpeter
Newly Registered
Mood:

Conflict for PSW- Dependent and Skilled worker visa

Post by shijinpeter » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:02 pm

Hello,

I am on a tier-4 dependent visa and my spouse is now eligible for the 2 year PSW visa.

Our current visa is valid till 30 October 2021 and we are yet to apply for the PSW visa.

My employer is ready to sponsor me and they are in the process of getting the sponsorship license.

My employer said it will take time till mid of October to get the sponsorship license.

My spouse wants to apply for the PSW visa and wants to be on the PSW visa for 2 years.

So, could you please let me know if my spouse applies for a PSW visa now, how it is going to affect my current visa status, and staying in the UK until I get my CAS from my employer to apply for the skilled worker visa?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Conflict for PSW- Dependent and Skilled worker visa

Post by manci » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:21 pm

shijinpeter wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:02 pm
So, could you please let me know if my spouse applies for a PSW visa now, how it is going to affect my current visa status,
What you are referring to is the new Graduate route, it is not called PSW.

If you already have permission as a dependant of a Student who is applying on this route you can also apply to extend your permission as a dependant on this route.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

shijinpeter
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shijinpeter » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:05 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it is the graduate route. But when my spouse applies for the graduate route, is it mandatory to apply for my dependent visa along with her application?

If I am not applying as her dependent now, am I eligible to stay in the UK until October 2021?

Because my employer will get the sponsorship license in October and then they will issue the CAS and then only I can apply for the skilled worker visa.

I am sorry, I am not sure how to explain this situation.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:27 pm

shijinpeter wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:05 pm
If I am not applying as her dependent now, am I eligible to stay in the UK until October 2021?
Your question is whether your T4 dependant BRP remains valid until its expiry date if the T4 student main applicant switches to the Graduate route.

I am afraid I don't know the answer, CR001 is the expert, hopefully she'll respond.
shijinpeter wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:05 pm
my employer will get the sponsorship license in October and then they will issue the CAS and then only I can apply for the skilled worker visa.
it is CoS, not CAS
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

shijinpeter
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shijinpeter » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:33 pm

Yes, that is correct.

Sure, I will wait for her reply. Thank you very much.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:10 am

There is a separate topic about this:

uk-tier-4-student-visas/tier-4-dependan ... 20088.html
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

shijinpeter
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by shijinpeter » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Thank you very much for sharing the article.
My wife has applied for the graduate route visa on 24-Sep-21 and it is still in progress. She has now received a full-time job offer to work in the UK. The current tier-4 visa is valid till 31-Oct-21 and the graduate route visa is still in progress. Could you please let us know if she can work in the UK and how she can prove the right to work in the UK to the employer?
Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 am

shijinpeter wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm
The current tier-4 visa is valid till 31-Oct-21 and the graduate route visa is still in progress. Could you please let us know if she can work in the UK and how she can prove the right to work in the UK to the employer?
She can work as per her current Student visa. So the employer may need to initially start her on a temporary contract, not permanent, but she needs to discuss the details with the employer.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Tier2vida
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tier2vida » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:45 am

Hi @shijinpeter - did your employer sponsor you after all? Do you know how long it took for them to receive the sponsorship license?