ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding academic documents required from VTU for UK Tier 4 Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anuragtk8
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Confusion regarding academic documents required from VTU for UK Tier 4 Visa

Post by anuragtk8 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:16 am

I have provided the University in UK with my provisional degree certificate. But they said they don't accept provisional certificates. And my final degree certificate will be conferred to me only a year after passing which will be in 2020. Upon bringing this to the attention of the UK University they replied with the following mail. Please advice on what to do next.

""The reason why the academic condition has been applied to your offer of admission is because the documents that you have submitted in support of your application for admission do not contain the level of information that would be required in order to use them in support of a Tier 4 visa application.

Paragraph 154 of the Tier 4 Policy Guidance (01/19) https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student states the following in respect of documents used to assign a CAS:

“154. If your Tier 4 sponsor has assessed your qualifications in order to assign your CAS, you must send us these qualifications with your application. For each qualification listed, you must provide:

The certificate(s) of qualification. Each document must clearly show:

· your name; and

· the title of the award; and

· the date of the award; and

· the name of the awarding institution

We will not accept provisional certificates

or

The transcript of results. Each document must clearly show:

· your name; and

· the name of the academic institution; and

· your course title; and

· the confirmation of the award

or

The print out of qualification or transcript results from the awarding body’s online checking service which clearly shows:

· your name,

· the title of the award,

· the date of the award, and

· the name of the awarding body”

The necessary information does not appear to be clearly indicated in your transcript and, unfortunately, the degree certificate that you have supplied clearly indicates that it is a provisional certificate only.

I should be happy to review a new transcript if Visvesvaraya Technological University can provide one which clearly contains the information noted in bold and yellow highlighted type above.""

Thank You

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Confusion regarding academic documents required from VTU for UK Tier 4 Visa

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am

I agree this is confusing, and I am not sure why the university does not just remove the qualification from your CAS. I think two different requirements have become conflated here:

(1) What the university needs as evidence of your previous qualification for their own academic requirements to admit you to this course
(2) What qualification, if any, they choose to list on the CAS and which therefore needs to be evidenced in your Tier 4 visa application. There is no requirement to list any specific qualification if they choose not to, even if internally they assessed it when offering you a place.

If you can supply the university with one of the other forms of evidence of your degree described in the paragraph of the Tier 4 policy guidance they have sent you, i.e. a transcript or a print-out that meets the requirements listed, you can do that and you will have met both (1) and (2) above.

If you cannot provide either of those, I advise you request that the university accepts your evidence of the degree for their own academic requirements to meet (1), and that they remove the qualification from the CAS so no evidence of your degree will be required for the visa application anyway and you will meet (2)

The Home Office only needs to see the evidence of your qualification because the university has listed it on your CAS. Removing it would solve the problem.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

anuragtk8
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by anuragtk8 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:53 am

sah10406 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am
I agree this is confusing, and I am not sure why the university does not just remove the qualification from your CAS. I think two different requirements have become conflated here:

(1) What the university needs as evidence of your previous qualification for their own academic requirements to admit you to this course
(2) What qualification, if any, they choose to list on the CAS and which therefore needs to be evidenced in your Tier 4 visa application. There is no requirement to list any specific qualification if they choose not to, even if internally they assessed it when offering you a place.

If you can supply the university with one of the other forms of evidence of your degree described in the paragraph of the Tier 4 policy guidance they have sent you, i.e. a transcript or a print-out that meets the requirements listed, you can do that and you will have met both (1) and (2) above.

If you cannot provide either of those, I advise you request that the university accepts your evidence of the degree for their own academic requirements to meet (1), and that they remove the qualification from the CAS so no evidence of your degree will be required for the visa application anyway and you will meet (2)

The Home Office only needs to see the evidence of your qualification because the university has listed it on your CAS. Removing it would solve the problem.
Would this amount to malpractice though ? Asking them to remove it on the CAS

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 am

anuragtk8 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:53 am
Would this amount to malpractice though ? Asking them to remove it on the CAS
sah10406 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am
There is no requirement to list any specific qualification if they choose not to, even if internally they assessed it when offering you a place.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.