ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conversion from Tier 4 to Tier 2

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

desiganp
Newly Registered
India

Conversion from Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by desiganp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 am

I am a MBA student who is doing my first semester in UK (Sep 2017 to Feb 2018) and my second semester in Paris (Mar 2018 to Jul 2018).

Currently I am on a short term study visa in UK. As per the new regulations passed on January 2018 by home office, can my visa be converted to Tier2 ?

Suppose if my university agrees to become a sponsor what do I have to expect from them as they are completely unaware of this situation.

Your suggestion will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Conversion from Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am

desiganp wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 am
I am a MBA student who is doing my first semester in UK (Sep 2017 to Feb 2018) and my second semester in Paris (Mar 2018 to Jul 2018).

Currently I am on a short term study visa in UK. As per the new regulations passed on January 2018 by home office, can my visa be converted to Tier2 ?
No, but this is nothing to do with any recent changes. It has never been possible to switch from short-term student to Tier 2 in the UK. You would need to apply for a Tier 2 visa outside the UK, which would mean some different responsibilities for your Tier 2 sponsor employer.
desiganp wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 am
Suppose if my university agrees to become a sponsor what do I have to expect from them as they are completely unaware of this situation.
I think you may be misunderstanding the Tier 2 sponsorship process. A Tier 2 application is sponsored by your employer, not by your university (unless they are your employer, of course).
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

desiganp
Newly Registered
India

Re: Conversion from Tier 4 to Tier 2

Post by desiganp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Thank you. It is clear now