ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credibility interview

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

summers
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Credibility interview

Post by summers » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 am

Hi all

I did my credibility interview on the 7 August 2019. The lady interviewing me was nice, only problem I had with her was that she kept mishearing certain things especially numbers when asked about finances - even though I pronounced them clearly. I’m hoping she put down the correct answer I stated, even after I repeated myself more than once.

The other concern I have is how I answered some questions and that I’m afraid it will lead to me getting a refusal. The one question she asked was “did you apply to any other universities” which I answered yes, but stumbled and forgot some of the names but quickly corrected myself and then gave all 5 of the universities. The other questions she asked were on finances - my mother has offered to pay my education and all the bank statements are in her name and only provided her Payslips. But she started asking about my fathers financials which I didn’t have any idea of, I guessed his annual salary and even stated it was a guess as I wasn’t entirely sure.
She also asked where my mom got the money to show In the account - I stated an investment account, and she also asked how much was it worth which I replied with so much amount.

I then contacted my mom afterwards and told her what I had said - my mom told me that she moved all the money from the investment to the uk (they live there) and that the investment account isn’t active anymore.

I’m afraid that they’ll see I never provided any investment account to prove my statement in my interview. But at the time I genuinely thought that the investment account was still active.

Has anything similar happened of this nature to anyone?, did you get the visa?, is there anything I need to worry about? Sorry about the long post - genuinely scared I get a refusal. This is my second time applying as I got refused last year for showing the investment account instead of a savings account.

summers
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Credibility interview

Post by summers » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Can anybody help me or give some sort of advice? I really don’t want this to be my second refusal..

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:56 am

They know that any genuine candidate would at some point stumble in some lateral questions. As long as the main questions are covered clearly, the rest shouldn't be a problem. Your family is assisting you to finance your studies but you are not supposed to know in detail where is their money and how they manage their bank accounts.

At this point, no one can do anything. The ball is with the Home Office and they will make next move. Hopefully, it will be approved.

The wait can be stressful but there isn't much you can do at the moment.

summers
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by summers » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Thank you!

I think I was stressing too much and overthinking everything I said. Luckily I got my visa!!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 pm

Congratulations for the visa and all the best for your studies :)

Genuine people cannot respond to all questions especially when they are about lateral topics. The Home Office caseworkers take that into account.

They refuse only when the candidate is unable to answer questions he is support to know like: what are going to study? Why? What are your plans after you finish? Why this university in particular? Why the UK and not another country?... etc