ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree from Pakistan instead of IELTS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Umar00o

Degree from Pakistan instead of IELTS

Post by Umar00o » Sat May 20, 2023 8:52 pm

Hello guys,

I am sorry if I am posting this question in a wrong group. I need to ask question about my friend. He is new in the UK and he will switch his visa to tier 4 which requires I think B2 qualification.

He got degrees from Pakistan, if we get these converted from UKNARIC can we use those instead of B2?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Degree from Pakistan instead of IELTS

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 21, 2023 8:47 am

He needs to ask the university. It is they who check and confirm his knowledge of English.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Degree from Pakistan instead of IELTS

Post by AmazonianX » Mon May 22, 2023 5:18 am

Umar00o wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:52 pm
Hello guys,

I am sorry if I am posting this question in a wrong group. I need to ask question about my friend. He is new in the UK and he will switch his visa to tier 4 which requires I think B2 qualification.

He got degrees from Pakistan, if we get these converted from UKNARIC can we use those instead of B2?

Thanks
The evaluation or equivalence check to be done by ECTISS and is certified as equivalent to B2 then yes it can be used.
Do note that ECTISS check and B2 English test can end up being same.