ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deletion of biometric

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kgvedh
Newly Registered
India

Deletion of biometric

Post by kgvedh » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:35 pm

Need info regarding biometrics

1. I travelled to uk in the year 2008 and did not give biometrics
2. Returned to home country india in the year 2010
3. I travelled to india twice bwtween 2008 to 2010 and i dont rem whether they took my biometrics at the airport
4. I have no criminal history except that i dropped from my course and did not pay 2000 pounds tuition fee... I dnt know what happened after that

Im not sure whether uk government has taken my biometrics for student visa...

Its been ten years and im applying for canada..

My question is does UK have my biometrics and share it to canada for student visa, since it has crossed 10 years do they delete my biometrics if they have collected mine..

How do i find it and is there a way i can get my biometrics deleted if they are present since it is alsmost 11 years...

srsw

Re: Deletion of biometric

Post by srsw » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:39 pm

You can raise a subject access request (SAR) to see what info is held by ukvi.

Not sure they share biometrics with Canada or not but...

Personal data will be typically retained for 25 years after a decision to grant settlement or naturalisation and for 15 years after the last action in other cases. Information on foreign national offenders may be retained until the death of the data subject. At the border, passenger name records data is retained for up to 10 years. Advance passenger information may be retained for 10 years. Arrest and detention records may be held for 6 years. We continue to keep retention periods under review to ensure they meet our role of securing the UK border and ensuring we can support those who are seeking to enter or remain in the UK.

Source:https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-notice
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

kgvedh
Newly Registered
India

Post by kgvedh » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:39 am

Thanks for the information. I have sent a mail and waiting their response.

Regards

kgvedh
Newly Registered
India

Post by kgvedh » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:45 am

Any expert openion... This would ease lot of stress from me.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 am

kgvedh wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:45 am
Any expert openion... This would ease lot of stress from me.
What is your concern about it exactly?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kgvedh
Newly Registered
India

Post by kgvedh » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:10 am

i hve applied for canada visa and i did not mention abt my travel history, little worried what will be the end result ...

Only concern is does UK gov have my biometric details are not .. to be honest i haven't done any thing wrong except dropping out of a course ..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:16 am

kgvedh wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:10 am
i hve applied for canada visa and i did not mention abt my travel history, little worried what will be the end result ...
Only concern is does UK gov have my biometric details are not .. to be honest i haven't done any thing wrong except dropping out of a course ..
"Did not mention" your travel history? Frankly, it sounds rather like you deliberately withheld it and now you are looking for validation.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kgvedh
Newly Registered
India

Post by kgvedh » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:58 pm

In the application it was no where asked, but again I'm just trying to see the pros and cons, as per canada application, the questions asked were

1. Have you ever been rejected any country visa in the past 5 years ( I never got any rejection for all the countries i traveled or applied for: 1. UK, USA, SKorea )

2. Have you ever been rejected for CANADA in the last 10 years ( I never applied for Canada before)

So by no way i hid any details, as i said I'm trying to see the pros and cons or what ever is possible to make sure i don't have any issues,
these are just doubts created in my mind that's all ... hope i cleared all ur doubts.

Now if you have any information the below questions please do respond.

1. Does UK delete any biometric data with clean history and no travel to Uk back after 10 years
2. Does UK delete my Air travel history and not shared with any after 5 years
3. When did UK start taking Biometric for UK student visa

TIA

kgvedh
Newly Registered
India

Post by kgvedh » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:19 am

any one there ??

wish_uk
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by wish_uk » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:30 am

kgvedh wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:35 pm
Need info regarding biometrics

1. I travelled to uk in the year 2008 and did not give biometrics
2. Returned to home country india in the year 2010
3. I travelled to india twice bwtween 2008 to 2010 and i dont rem whether they took my biometrics at the airport
4. I have no criminal history except that i dropped from my course and did not pay 2000 pounds tuition fee... I dnt know what happened after that

Im not sure whether uk government has taken my biometrics for student visa...

Its been ten years and im applying for canada..

My question is does UK have my biometrics and share it to canada for student visa, since it has crossed 10 years do they delete my biometrics if they have collected mine..

How do i find it and is there a way i can get my biometrics deleted if they are present since it is alsmost 11 years...
If you left the country within your visa, then you should not be worry about , they have your record or not, so far you havent breach any law, no matter you didnt pay ur fee.
married Aug 2014

kgvedh
Newly Registered
India

Post by kgvedh » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:08 am

thanks for the information..