ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants Restrictions Work No Sportsperson

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

micadams
Newly Registered
Qatar

Dependants Restrictions Work No Sportsperson

Post by micadams » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 am

Good Day,

Trust you are doing good.

I got UK visa as a dependants partner, my wife studying here master. on the visa they mention "Dependants Restrictions Work No Sportsperson" does this mean I can't work in UK or I have to apply for work permission

Plz advise

vinny

Re: Dependants Restrictions Work No Sportsperson

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:20 am

ST 39.3.
The grant will be subject to all the following conditions:
  • (a) no access to public funds; and
  • (b) work (including self-employment and voluntary work) is permitted except:
    • (i) where the dependant meets the requirement at ST 31.1.(d) and the Student has been granted less than 9 months’ permission, unless that is to continue a course of study where they had previously been granted at least 9 months’ permission; or
    • (ii) where the dependant meets the requirement at ST 31.1.(d) and the Student is studying a course below degree level; or
    • (iii) no employment as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach); and
  • (c) study is permitted, subject to the ATAS condition in Appendix ATAS (if the study will commence when the partner or child is aged over 18); and
  • (d) if Part 10 applies the person will be required to register with the police.
where
Professional Sportsperson” means a person who is one or more of the following:
(a) currently providing services as a sportsperson, or is playing or coaching in any capacity, at a professional or semi-professional level of sport (whether paid or unpaid); or
(b) currently receiving payment, including payment in kind, for playing or coaching, and that payment covers all, or the majority of, their costs for travelling to, and living in, the UK, or has received such payment within the previous 4 years; or
(c) currently registered to a professional or semi-professional sports team or has been so registered within the previous 4 years (this includes all academy and development team age groups); or
(d) has represented their nation or national team within the previous two years, including all youth and development age groups from under 17s upwards; or
(e) has represented their state or regional team within the previous two years, including all youth and development age groups from under 17s upwards; or
(f) has an established international reputation in their chosen field of sport; or
(g) engages an agent or representative, with the aim of finding opportunities as a sportsperson, and/or developing a current or future career as a sportsperson, or has engaged such an agent in the last 12 months; or
(h) is providing services as a sportsperson or coach, unless they are doing so as an “Amateur” in a charity event; or
(i) is providing services as a sportsperson or coach, unless they are doing so as a Student who is studying a course at degree level or above at a higher education provider and playing or coaching sport as an Amateur or as part of a work placement that is undertaken as an integral and assessed part of their course.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

micadams
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by micadams » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:23 am

thanks vinny for your reply, i dont get what you mean ?

this mean I can work or I have to apply for work permission

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:31 am

Working is permitted, but you cannot work as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach), as defined above.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

micadams
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by micadams » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am

thanks vinny really appreciate your support