ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa - Children

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suryavarsh
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa - Children

Post by suryavarsh » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:01 am

Hello Team,
Greetings for the day. Thanks for the forum indeed; valuable for a more extensive section of people.

I'm on a Student Visa (Masters), Valid from 1st Oct-21 to 24th Jan-24.

I want to drop my wife's dependent visa in April 2022. My wife will visit the UK for two months, return to India for my children's care (due to schooling), and stay for a year.

The next time she returns to the UK with my children (both minors) is in Mar-2023.

My question is below: --
Do my children (Both are under 16 years old) qualify for a dependent visa drop without their parents' applications? (My wife and I will have our visas in the UK by then).

My parents will take care of my children while my wife is in the UK.

Pls advise and guide

Cheers

Surya B

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent Visa - Children

Post by sah10406 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:03 am

suryavarsh wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:01 am
Do my children (Both are under 16 years old) qualify for a dependent visa drop without their parents' applications? (My wife and I will have our visas in the UK by then).
If you mean does a child dependant need to apply at the same time as their parent, no.

See Appendix Student, paragraph ST 34.1
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student

ST 34.1. The applicant must be the child of a parent who has, or is at the same time being granted permission as:
(a) a Student; or
(b) the partner of a Student.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

suryavarsh
Newly Registered

Post by suryavarsh » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:36 pm

Thanks, Team, for the prompt response and info asap. I still have some questions to ask pls.

1) According to my understanding, my children's dependent applications can be dropped even if their parents' applications are not accompanied?? - Pls say yes or no.

2) If my wife gets a dependent visa, can she visit India and stay for 9-12 months without any restrictions?

Pls help with above

Regards

Surya

suryavarsh
Newly Registered

Post by suryavarsh » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:38 am

Hi Team,
I would like someone to respond to my last question.

Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Regards

Surya