ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education Loan Covering entire maintenance costs: Documetation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shlok
Newly Registered
India

Education Loan Covering entire maintenance costs: Documetation

Post by shlok » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 am

Dear All,
I received my education loan to study at a HEI 10 days back. The sanction letter mentions the total sanctioned amount and also gives a bifurcation for loan amount towards Tuition Fee, Hostel Fee, Insurance and Equipment. The total sanctioned amount is more than the maintenance costs (Tuition + Living Costs).
The Tuition Fee is payable directly to the HEI (Sponsor) in two equal installments on dates subsequent to my travel to the UK. The Living Expenses are also payable to to me or the University Halls, as may be required by me.
My question is whether I should transfer the living costs (Hostel Fee) portion of my funds to my Bank Account? Will the 28 day period be applicable after the Bank transfers the Hostel Fees into my Account?
Should I get a non-disbursement letter from the Bank in case I do not get the living costs portion transferred to my Account? Should I get a partial disbursement letter from the Bank if I get the living costs portion transferred to my Account?
Also, if my sanction letter (loan) earmarks certain amount towards payment of Tuition Fee, that falls short of the Visa requirement, should I deposit the short amount to the HEI so that it gets reflected in my CAS? Needless to mention that the total sanctioned is roughly GBP 2000 over and above the visa required maintenance costs.
Regards,
Shlok

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Education Loan Covering entire maintenance costs: Documetation

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 am

shlok wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 am
My question is whether I should transfer the living costs (Hostel Fee) portion of my funds to my Bank Account?
Yes, if that is convenient for your plans.
shlok wrote:
Will the 28 day period be applicable after the Bank transfers the Hostel Fees into my Account?
If you use the loan letter as evidence of maintenance, no. If you for some reason decided to use only your bank statements as evidence of maintenance, yes.
shlok wrote:
Should I get a non-disbursement letter from the Bank in case I do not get the living costs portion transferred to my Account? Should I get a partial disbursement letter from the Bank if I get the living costs portion transferred to my Account?
You are making it very complicated. This doesn't appear to be relevant.
shlok wrote:
Also, if my sanction letter (loan) earmarks certain amount towards payment of Tuition Fee, that falls short of the Visa requirement, should I deposit the short amount to the HEI so that it gets reflected in my CAS? Needless to mention that the total sanctioned is roughly GBP 2000 over and above the visa required maintenance costs.
If you wish but again i think you are over complicating matters. If the loan letter represents more than enough money, that is evidence in itself.

if you have an educational loan with evidence that meets the requirements, I strongly urge you to not then over-burden your application with unnecessary irrelevant documents like your personal bank statements. I have a feeling you will probably do this anyway, but hey ho.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

shlok
Newly Registered
India

Re: Education Loan Covering entire maintenance costs: Documetation

Post by shlok » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:27 am

Dear sah10406,
Thank You very much for the assitance.
Regards,
Shlok