ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

SIAHMED
Newly Registered

English language requirement

Post by SIAHMED » Wed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello Everyone

I came to UK on student visa about a year back to study c1 level English course. The college has issued letter stating that I have attended the course but the english level has not been improved to the C1 level. I took TOEIC test and I got C1 result in part & B2 result in part2.

My visa is due to expire t\by end of June. Based on my above details can I take admission into ACCA course.

My main concern is that I was given visa to do C1 level english course but the college doesnt say clearly that I completed C1 level and in part2 I have got B2 level score, will it not create problem to take admission or apply for tier4 extension?

Any information would be highly appreciated

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 30, 2012 2:33 pm

have you applied to do an ACCA course yet - do you know if meet the entry requirements?

SIAHMED
Newly Registered

Post by SIAHMED » Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Many thanks for replying to my query

The college people are saying that they are happy to give admission to ACCA course but since I got visa for C1 level english course I should get C1 level score first and only then they will issue CAS

SIAHMED
Newly Registered

Post by SIAHMED » Wed May 30, 2012 4:27 pm

I have taken three attempts for English language test so far and I have managed to get C1 in first part but unfortunately I couldnt get C1 in the second part and the time is running out so dont know what to do at this point of time.

Is it written anywhere in guidance that if I come to UK for doing english language C1 level course, I should definitely get C1 level result and only then I can take admission into any other course?

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:26 am

Whats important for you to understand is to show the Academic Progression under new rules. Hence if you were given a VISA for level C1 English your New education providers would need to outline the basis how they have assessed your suitability and whether you are making any progression.

Therefore its important for them to assess you, they would need to to see your C1 certificate,unless you could demonstrate your suitability through any other qualification.

Furthermore, English language is a compulsory requirement under new rules and I believe for ACCA it is either C1 or B2 of the English language framework.