ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Furlough Payment eligibility and working hours for Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dpn
Newly Registered
India

Furlough Payment eligibility and working hours for Tier 4

Post by Dpn » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:06 pm

Hello everyone

I am currently on a tier 4 visa. Over the Summer I was working full time as I had graduated from my undergraduate degree and accumulated quite a few hours. I applied for a new tier 4 visa for my masters and this was issued in October. I continued to work in the same Job and was put on furlough since November. The company has calculated my furlough pay as 80% of my average working hours since employment (July) and this wage comes out to be more than the total 20hrs limit based on minimum wage .Is the furlough pay exempt for the hours limit ? And are Tier 4 students even allowed to be put on furlough ?

Kind Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Furlough Payment eligibility and working hours for Tier 4

Post by sah10406 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:56 am

Dpn wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:06 pm
Is the furlough pay exempt for the hours limit ?
The work restriction only restricts how many hours per week you can work. It has no bearing on pay or other things that are not work.
Dpn wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:06 pm
And are Tier 4 students even allowed to be put on furlough ?
If you mean re: public funds restriction, it is not a public fund. See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.