ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Information about visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Umeros
Newly Registered
Pakistan

General Information about visa

Post by Umeros » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:31 am

Hello people and mods
I want the information about my exact student visa expiration status because of dissertation. My course is Msc project management started at september 2021 and it was 2 years program because of placement. But i picked dissertation.
Now i want to know when will my student visa expires as my BRP show the date of january 2024 But my course is ending in September 2023 And i heard because of the dissertation student visa duration decreases for some months.
My dissertation due date is 24 may. So when will be the last month i can apply for my PSW?
Or for how much time my visa will be effected.
Looking forward for the positive response
Thank

vinny

Re: General Information about visa

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:14 am

Unless curtailed, I think your permission will expire, under ST 25.3. when your BRP expires.

I think you may switch to Graduate leave after you have successfully completed your course, possibly as soon as your dissertation results are officially confirmed, before your leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:35 pm

Umeros wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:31 am
My dissertation due date is 24 may. So when will be the last month i can apply for my PSW?
Or for how much time my visa will be effected.
If your course now ends earlier on 24 May 2023, not in September 2023, your university will report this to the UKVI. Your student visa will be curtailed accordingly to end on 24 September 2023.

But I assume you will have your degree result in plenty of time to apply under the Graduate route by this date.

Any further questions about this, you need to speak directly with your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Umeros
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umeros » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:44 pm

Thanks for the information

Umeros
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umeros » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Also one more thing
I need information about the dependent visa. I will get married in july 2023 and my student visa will expire at end of September 2023.
I want to know that if i get married in july and apply the dependent visa of my wife in july 2023 right after marriage. Will they(UKVI) have the reason to refuse my wife dependent visa as my visa timeline will be closer to expiration date..
Need to know this so i can manage the circumstances accordingly.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:51 am

Umeros wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 pm
Also one more thing
I need information about the dependent visa. I will get married in july 2023 and my student visa will expire at end of September 2023.
I want to know that if i get married in july and apply the dependent visa of my wife in july 2023 right after marriage. Will they(UKVI) have the reason to refuse my wife dependent visa as my visa timeline will be closer to expiration date..
Need to know this so i can manage the circumstances accordingly.
Where is she at the moment? I asked because the time you gave is limited. The student dependent visa decision coming in time is not sure. She has to be in UK for her to be able to switch to PSW with you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:45 am

Umeros wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 pm
Visas are not refused for random, unexpected or secret reasons, only because they don't meet the requirements of the specific type of visa. You can see all the requirements of a Student dependant visa at Appendix Student, paragraphs 28.2 to 39.3:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-student

The only requirement relevant to your concern is paragraph ST 31.1 about the course requirement. The various options are all about having a Student visa when the dependant applies. There is nothing about the course must not yet be finished, or about needing any specific remaining amount of permission on the Student visa. People often insist that there is such a requirement, but they can never point to anything in the immigration rules or caseworker guidance about it. I have even had someone tell me that it is a secret requirement that UKVI don't tell anyone about...

See also

ST 39.1. A dependent partner will be granted permission which ends on the same date as the Student’s permission.

The only issue is that the application form asks for the end date of the Student's course, not the end date of their visa. Given that dependants can apply any time, those applying after this date may want to give the end date of the visa instead, adding a note that they are applying in good faith under the provisions of whatever sub-paragraph of paragraph ST 31.1 is relevant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:26 pm

Moreover, wife requires leave as a student dependant under GR 9.4.
The applicant must be in the UK on the date of application and must:
  • (a) have, or have last been granted, permission as a dependant partner of a Student and that Student is applying for, or has now been granted, permission to stay in the Graduate route; or
  • (b) have, or have last been granted, permission as a dependant child of either a Student or dependant partner of the Student and that Student is applying for, or has now been granted, permission to stay in the Graduate route; or
  • (c) be a child born in the UK during the last grant of Student permission of a Student and that Student is applying for, or has now been granted, permission to stay in the Graduate route.
when switching to Graduate dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.