ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my Tier-4 visa in 10 days without interview

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ektan
India

Financial documents for Tier 4 from India

Post by ektan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:54 am

Hello, this is Ekta from India. I applied online for Tier 4 today. To show maintenance funds and balance fee, I used internet copies of Fixed Deposits in my name duly signed and stamped by my bank.

I have some questions -
1. From which country does the interviewer conduct interview - From the UK or from an embassy/consulate in India?
2. Does the UKVI verify the bank statements with banks in India?
3. Since I am a young student, will the interviewer ask from where I got the money? (money is given by my parents of course)

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Re: Financial documents for Tier 4 from India

Post by lucifer10896 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:36 pm

ektan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:54 am
Hello, this is Ekta from India. I applied online for Tier 4 today. To show maintenance funds and balance fee, I used internet copies of Fixed Deposits in my name duly signed and stamped by my bank.

I have some questions -
1. From which country does the interviewer conduct interview - From the UK or from an embassy/consulate in India?
2. Does the UKVI verify the bank statements with banks in India?
3. Since I am a young student, will the interviewer ask from where I got the money? (money is given by my parents of course)

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
1.UK student visa interview questions are mainly about your institution, the course that you are going to study and how you will finance your study.Interviews take place when you attend a visa application center to give your bio metric information( i.e.When you will attend your Bio metric appointment with VFS in india). A Home Office member of staff will ask you about your course, where you want to study and your reasons for studying in the UK, and how you will finance your study.
2.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... stitutions
these are list of bank from India whose financial statement is accepted.yes your every document you are attaching will be verified closely.if you have query, contact immigration department in your college for assistance. they will surely help.
3.you can simply tell them that the money is giver to you by your parents.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:20 pm

Thank you for responding to my post. In India, the interview does not take place at the time of biometrics which is completed in the VFS office. I completed mine today.

The interview is conducted over skype; and from the internet, I found out that somebody from the Home Office, UK, conducts it.

raj0419
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by raj0419 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Hello,

Ekta you are exactly right, there is no interview will conduct when you submit you application in VFS. As VFS is third party for Immigration. Some people will receive call and some people will not receive call for interview. For fund you need to provide documents how you get it in your account for example like your parents given authorization and confirmation letter or property sold paper or something like to make sure from where money is coming. I am in a process to apply Tier 4 visa in next month

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Post by lucifer10896 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:41 pm

ektan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:20 pm
Thank you for responding to my post. In India, the interview does not take place at the time of biometrics which is completed in the VFS office. I completed mine today.

The interview is conducted over skype; and from the internet, I found out that somebody from the Home Office, UK, conducts it.
thx for updating.. :lol:

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Post by lucifer10896 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:45 pm

ektan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:20 pm

can u explain details from application till your bio metrics ,how is your timeline?when did u apply and other stuff like that!it will help other applicants to know the steps and procedure during current covid-19 situation.
where did u booked your appoints at VFS?
and which college did u applied for which course?

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:37 am

The process of Tier-4 visa application has completely changed. Once I satisfied all the conditions in the offer letter including the deposit payment, I received an email from the uni asking me to email them the proof of funds and TB certificate.

1) After I emailed copies of my fixed deposits downloaded from the bank's portal, I received a reply from the uni that since they were not 28 days old, I needed to wait until the 28-days period was complete. Next, I was asked to go to the bank and get them stamped and signed by the officer and email them the stamped copies.

2) In the meantime, I took an appointment for TB test which was around 3 days later in the morning, got the report in the afternoon and emailed the report to the uni the same evening.

When I satisfied these two conditions, I was sent the CAS letter. I, then, immediately filled out the online Tier-4 visa application. After completing it, I was redirected to the Immigration Health Surcharge page where I had to pay Rs.74,000 as my course is a two-year masters degree. My sbi debit card was not allowing this payment as the payment goes to a London bank, so I had to activate the international transactions on the card which I did easily on the bank's portal.

After the payment of IHS, I was redirected to pay the fees. As per the rate of exchange, the fee for that particular day was around 34,300. As the limit on the sbi debit card is only Rs.75,000, I could not pay it the same day. I logged in again the next day and paid the fees.

After paying the fees, I was redirected to the VFS site where I had to upload the documents - passport, educational qualifications as mentioned on CAS, financial documents (the same that I had emailed to the uni), TB certificate and any additional documents. Once this was done, I got an appointment for biometrics which was after two days.

The process till here was very smooth. When I asked about the interview to the VFS staff, she said there will be no interview and that I will get back my passport within 15 working days.

I am not sure if due to the pandemic, the UKVI has stopped conducting interviews; or maybe the VFS staff was not aware of the interviews that are being conducted through skype.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:47 am

raj0419 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:46 pm
Hello,

Ekta you are exactly right, there is no interview will conduct when you submit you application in VFS. As VFS is third party for Immigration. Some people will receive call and some people will not receive call for interview. For fund you need to provide documents how you get it in your account for example like your parents given authorization and confirmation letter or property sold paper or something like to make sure from where money is coming. I am in a process to apply Tier 4 visa in next month
If you are applying next month, then my detailed narrative above might help you. All the best.

lucifer10896
Newly Registered
India

Post by lucifer10896 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:42 pm

ektan wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:37 am
The process of Tier-4 visa application has completely changed. Once I satisfied all the conditions in the offer letter including the deposit payment, I received an email from the uni asking me to email them the proof of funds and TB certificate.

1) After I emailed copies of my fixed deposits downloaded from the bank's portal, I received a reply from the uni that since they were not 28 days old, I needed to wait until the 28-days period was complete. Next, I was asked to go to the bank and get them stamped and signed by the officer and email them the stamped copies.

2) In the meantime, I took an appointment for TB test which was around 3 days later in the morning, got the report in the afternoon and emailed the report to the uni the same evening.

When I satisfied these two conditions, I was sent the CAS letter. I, then, immediately filled out the online Tier-4 visa application. After completing it, I was redirected to the Immigration Health Surcharge page where I had to pay Rs.74,000 as my course is a two-year masters degree. My sbi debit card was not allowing this payment as the payment goes to a London bank, so I had to activate the international transactions on the card which I did easily on the bank's portal.

After the payment of IHS, I was redirected to pay the fees. As per the rate of exchange, the fee for that particular day was around 34,300. As the limit on the sbi debit card is only Rs.75,000, I could not pay it the same day. I logged in again the next day and paid the fees.

After paying the fees, I was redirected to the VFS site where I had to upload the documents - passport, educational qualifications as mentioned on CAS, financial documents (the same that I had emailed to the uni), TB certificate and any additional documents. Once this was done, I got an appointment for biometrics which was after two days.

The process till here was very smooth. When I asked about the interview to the VFS staff, she said there will be no interview and that I will get back my passport within 15 working days.

I am not sure if due to the pandemic, the UKVI has stopped conducting interviews; or maybe the VFS staff was not aware of the interviews that are being conducted through skype.
tnx for update.for which course did u applied and for which uni?

ektan
India

Got my Tier-4 visa in 10 days without interview

Post by ektan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Very happy to announce that I got my Tier 4 visa in just 10 days. There was no interview. Biometrics were completed at VFS Mumbai on 7th Aug. The whole process was as smooth as silk.

Best of luck to all those who are awaiting a decision on their application.

raj0419
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Got my Tier-4 visa in 10 days without interview

Post by raj0419 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Congratulation Ekta and best for luck for your study.

Actually I am applying for my brother Tier4- general visa just want to know 2 more things.

1 Did you applied priority service or normal service. I am in a thought to apply priority because I am expecting CAS letter probably next week.

2. Did you show any accommodation proof during your study, if you are staying in university that absolutely fine but if outside what kind of proof you shown. I am planing to show email exchange for spare room (Site where you get accommodation in sharing or individual )

Thanks for details information.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:08 am

ektan wrote:
Interviews have never been mandatory, just common.

You say the process has "completely changed" but you don't say compared to what or when, and the only difference from the norm that I can see in your description is that there was no interview.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:05 pm

raj0419 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Actually I am applying for my brother Tier4- general visa just want to know 2 more things.

1 Did you applied priority service or normal service. I am in a thought to apply priority because I am expecting CAS letter probably next week.

2. Did you show any accommodation proof during your study, if you are staying in university that absolutely fine but if outside what kind of proof you shown. I am planing to show email exchange for spare room (Site where you get accommodation in sharing or individual )

Hello Raj, sorry for responding late to your query. It is because I am now in London on a 14-day self isolation period which will end on the 16th.

1. I just made a normal application and got my visa approved in exact 10 working days.
2. You dont have to provide any evidence for accommodation. You only need to upload degree cert and transcript. You also need to upload the bank statements that you had sent to your university as well as TB report. And if you have an IELTS report, you need to upload it in "other documents"
DO NOT ADD ANY EXTRA DOCUMENTS. It will only delay your case.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:16 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:08 am
ektan wrote:
Interviews have never been mandatory, just common.

You say the process has "completely changed" but you don't say compared to what or when, and the only difference from the norm that I can see in your description is that there was no interview.
The application process has completely changed for the following reasons:
1. You need to send the bank statement/fixed deposit certs with funds maintained for full 28 days to the university. If you are taking a student loan, the loan approval letter must be sent to the university. In the past, this was not required.
2. You need to send the TB report to the university.
Univesity will issue cas only after they are satisfied with these conditions.

You need to upload only those documents that you have sent to the university. In short, the onus is on the university to ensure your documents are in the required format and genuine. Univesity approves your documents, not the UKVI.

There was no interview in my case and got my visa in 10 working days, dont know about others.

raj0419
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by raj0419 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm

ektan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:05 pm
raj0419 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Hello Raj, sorry for responding late to your query. It is because I am now in London on a 14-day self isolation period which will end on the 16th.

1. I just made a normal application and got my visa approved in exact 10 working days.
2. You dont have to provide any evidence for accommodation. You only need to upload degree cert and transcript. You also need to upload the bank statements that you had sent to your university as well as TB report. And if you have an IELTS report, you need to upload it in "other documents"
DO NOT ADD ANY EXTRA DOCUMENTS. It will only delay your case.
Thanks Ekta for reply.
Yes the person got the visa in exactly 11 days including interview schedule as well in between 11 days.