ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Visa Acca

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shaunroy98
Newly Registered
India

Graduate Visa Acca

Post by shaunroy98 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help I’m currently in the UK studying masters almost done with it this year, my visa expires in Jan 2021, I would like to study further ie ACCA I’m aware this is not considered a degree for the purpose of tier 4 to tier 2 switch, I was wondering if I do extend my visa based on ACCA studies, in June 2021 when the graduate visa will be introduced
A) will I be eligible to switch from tier 4 to Graduate visa based on my ACCA ?

B) will I be eligible to switch from tier 4 (ACCA) to Graduate visa based on my masters completed in the UK

Any guidance or help will be much appreciated as this will help me decide the steps I need to take
Thanks very much!!!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Graduate Visa Acca

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:09 am

shaunroy98 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:54 pm
A) will I be eligible to switch from tier 4 to Graduate visa based on my ACCA ?

B) will I be eligible to switch from tier 4 (ACCA) to Graduate visa based on my masters completed in the UK
Unknown, but highly likely to be No to both. The relevant immigration rules and any guidance have not been published yet, and unlikely to be before next summer, probably April earliest.

The government's intentions for the new route are laid out in a detailed fact sheet that is easily found through gov.uk or Google. The only update is a brief mention of the Route in the Coronavirus guidance for Tier 4 sponsors and migrants:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... m-students
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.