ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Visa Delayed Decission Query

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Safdarjalbani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Graduate Visa Delayed Decission Query

Post by Safdarjalbani » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:16 pm

Hi
This query relates to unexpected delay in the graduate visa application of one of my acquintance. It has been almost more than 04 months (Exact date of application submission 25-07-2022, BRP Validity till 27-07-2022) that he has applied for his graduate visa and still he hasn't received any response from UKVI, though the decision should have been made within 6-8 weeks as per visa guidelines. Since his other batchmates have already got their visas in time therefore he has tried almost every channel of communication to reach out to UKVI for getting any response with regards to his visa application but he hasn't recieved any response from them at all. Follwing is the summary of his struggle for following up wth the case:

1. He has tried calling the home office number 03007906268 for getting the update but they said that can't help in case of graduate visas as he will surely get an email from UKVI stating the decision which he has been waiting for past 4-5 months.

2. He also reached out to his university and seek their help to look into the matter but they said that they have already sent the confirmation of engagement to UKVI and can't help further as he was not sponsored via them.

3. He has also written official complaints to ukvi email address complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk but no response except an autogenerated email confirming the receipt of email.

4. He has also filled an online complaint form twice but as usual no response even though their auto generated email had confirmed to expect a reply within 20 days.(which are already surpassed)

5. On my advice, he has also reached out to the local MPs office to get help in the matter, the case has been registered with the office (got reference no.) and sent to home office as per MP's email communication, however they also haven't received any response from them and is following up but no hope from their side.

Having tried all possible methods, he is really worried about his future as he is not able to join any job due to this visa transition mode (Neither student nor graduate visa) and/or do anything before getting his decission.

Being an expert community in such immigration/visa matters, I want to seek your help, support and guidance as to what further steps should be taken to get this matter sorted.

Many thanks for your time and help in the matter.

Cheers!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Graduate Visa Delayed Decission Query

Post by sah10406 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:46 am

Safdarjalbani wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:16 pm
Having tried all possible methods, he is really worried about his future as he is not able to join any job due to this visa transition mode (Neither student nor graduate visa) and/or do anything before getting his decission.
I don't know why he thinks he cannot work. Assuming he applied for the Graduate visa before his Student visa expired, he is not "neither student nor graduate visa", he is still on his Student visa. The current visa and all its conditions are automatically extended via 3C leave until the outcome of the Graduate visa application. He can therefore work as per his Student visa work conditions, which allow him to do most jobs including full-time although only on a temporary basis until he gets the Graduate visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.