ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate visa no results

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boxbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Graduate visa no results

Post by boxbox » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:01 pm

Hello all, i am currently doing my masters on student visa. Unfortunately i failed one my exams and have to resit in july. My current visa will expire in august. By the time the results arrive, my visa would have expired and i would have to leave the country without being able to apply for post graduate visa. Is there anything i can do so i can apply for graduate visa before my current visa expires? Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Graduate visa no results

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:02 am

boxbox wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:01 pm
Is there anything i can do so i can apply for graduate visa before my current visa expires? Thanks
No.

You can ask your university whether they can issue a CAS for an extension just for the resit, which would give you until then + 4 months. However, I can tell you ahead of time that they can't do that because the gap between now and July is too long.

You should probably concentrate on the Skilled worker route instead, with an application sponsored by your employer. You can apply in the UK while you still have a Student visa, with or without your result, and for 2 years afterwards from your home country. Both ways you will have the advantages of the post-study rules re: being a "new entrant" and only needing to meet 70% of the minimum salary.

See UKCISA's guide to the Skilled worker route, and other routes.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... er-studies
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.