ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed in Graduate visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ektan
India

help needed in Graduate visa application

Post by ektan » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:40 pm

Hello friends, Please offer some help. My student visa is expiring on 28/2/23, my MA results will be announced on 17/2/23 (as there was a delay in completing my dissertation) but my university said they will send the result to the HO only on 3/3/23.

Can I apply before 28/2/23? Or do I have to wait until the HO receives intimation from the university, in which case my visa will expire?

Any guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks. ES

vinny

Re: help needed in Graduate visa application

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:21 pm

To avoid overstaying, apply shorty before expiry of leave/permission.

Sponsor notification
The Student Sponsor must have notified the Home Office, by the date of application, that the applicant has successfully completed the course of study. Sponsors will normally do this by way of bulk upload. If sponsors are unable to make the notification via bulk upload, they must use the agreed exceptions process.

If a notification has not been received from the Student Sponsor, but the CAS shows that the applicant had been studying a qualifying qualification, the caseworker must not refuse the application if it would otherwise be granted. Instead, the caseworker must contact the Sponsor asking for confirmation that the student has successfully completed the course of study.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 am

Also, ask the university if they can notify the Home Office any sooner. It is a reasonable request.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:21 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:07 am
Also, ask the university if they can notify the Home Office any sooner. It is a reasonable request.
Thanks for responding to my post. The university student immigration has flatly refused and stressed that the exam board will announce the result on 3/3/23 when they will report it to the HO.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:24 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:21 pm

Sponsor notification
The Student Sponsor must have notified the Home Office, by the date of application, that the applicant has successfully completed the course of study. Sponsors will normally do this by way of bulk upload. If sponsors are unable to make the notification via bulk upload, they must use the agreed exceptions process.

If a notification has not been received from the Student Sponsor, but the CAS shows that the applicant had been studying a qualifying qualification, the caseworker must not refuse the application if it would otherwise be granted. Instead, the caseworker must contact the Sponsor asking for confirmation that the student has successfully completed the course of study.
This was very helpful. Could you please advise what is meant by "they must use the agreed exceptions process"?
Are there any exceptions?

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:27 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:21 pm

Sponsor notification

This was like a relief. Thank you very much.
"If a notification has not been received from the Student Sponsor, but the CAS shows that the applicant had been studying a qualifying qualification, the caseworker must not refuse the application if it would otherwise be granted. Instead, the caseworker must contact the Sponsor asking for confirmation that the student has successfully completed the course of study"

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:36 pm

ektan wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:21 pm
The university student immigration has flatly refused and stressed that the exam board will announce the result on 3/3/23 when they will report it to the HO.
My suggestion of asking them to notify UKVI sooner was purely based on what you said about when your results would be announced:

my MA results will be announced on 17/2/23

If they won't even be announced until 3 March, you do potentially have a problem.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:13 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:36 pm
ektan wrote:
The university student immigration has flatly refused and stressed that the exam board will announce the result on 3/3/23 when they will report it to the HO.
My suggestion of asking them to notify UKVI sooner was purely based on what you said about when your results would be announced:

If they won't even be announced until 3 March, you do potentially have a problem.
Thanks for responding.
Let me clarify. The school of social science will announce the result of 17/2/23. I will be able to see that I have passed my MA. The result then goes to the PG exam board who then announce it to the HO.So, on 28/2/23 - last day of my visa, I know that I have passed. But the HO will know on 3/3/23.

I also looked at the 39E rule which states -
39E. This paragraph applies where:
(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time;

I don't know whether I should consult a solicitor.
Thanks for your advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:23 pm

ektan wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:13 pm
sah10406 wrote:
ektan wrote:

Thanks for responding.
Let me clarify. The school of social science will announce the result of 17/2/23. I will be able to see that I have passed my MA. The result then goes to the PG exam board who then announce it to the HO.So, on 28/2/23 - last day of my visa, I know that I have passed. But the HO will know on 3/3/23.

(1) the application was made within 14 days of the applicant’s leave expiring and the Secretary of State considers that there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their representative, provided in or with the application, why the application could not be made in-time;

Thanks for your advice.
Certainly wouldn't postpone the application date till after it expires. You had an option to lodge the application at any time as soon as you knew you passed.
As stated above, HO will ask for uni to provide their results, if by the time your application is processing there are none.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:10 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:23 pm
ektan wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:13 pm
sah10406 wrote:
ektan wrote:

Thanks for responding.

Thanks for your advice.
Certainly wouldn't postpone the application date till after it expires. You had an option to lodge the application at any time as soon as you knew you passed.
As stated above, HO will ask for uni to provide their results, if by the time your application is processing there are none.
Thanks a lot for your advice. It makes sense that I apply on the last day and the uni sends my result 3 days later. I will use the Biometrics route rather than UKVI App which will delay the process a bit.
Thanks again.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:43 pm

just wanted to update that the university declared my official result today and also sent it to the HO that I am eligible for Graduate visa. This was kind of a favour.
All problems solved.
Thanks to all those who offered their advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:11 am

ektan wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:43 pm
just wanted to update that the university declared my official result today and also sent it to the HO that I am eligible for Graduate visa. This was kind of a favour. Quite good of them
All problems solved.
Thanks to all those who offered their advice.
Update thread when you get granted.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:15 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:11 am
What is your concern about it maybe not being granted? OP can now apply in plenty of time before their Student visa expires, so there is no longer any issue about being eligible.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:25 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:15 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:11 am
What is your concern about it maybe not being granted? OP can now apply in plenty of time before their Student visa expires, so there is no longer any issue about being eligible.
sah10406, is it wrong for OP to update the thread at the conclusion of the whole process? If you got any doubt on your own end don't project it on the comment of others!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:40 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:25 am
sah10406, is it wrong for OP to update the thread at the conclusion of the whole process?
Not at all, just a bit unnecessary and suggests to readers that the application could go either way, when it seems clear it is now fine.
AmazonianX wrote:
If you got any doubt on your own end don't project it on the comment of others!
On the contrary, they very clearly meet the eligibility now. You appeared to have a concern yourself, hence my query, but that's good that you do not.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:47 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:40 am
AmazonianX wrote:
sah10406, is it wrong for OP to update the thread at the conclusion of the whole process?
Not at all, just a bit unnecessary and suggests to readers that the application could go either way, when it seems clear it is now fine. It will not be first time a clearly straight forward applicant is asked to update thread. So what in what was written by me suggests it could go either way? You own interpretation and projections I presume :lol:
AmazonianX wrote:
If you got any doubt on your own end don't project it on the comment of others!
On the contrary, they very clearly meet the eligibility now. You appeared to have a concern yourself, hence my query, but that's good that you do not what a relief.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:52 am

We have misinterpreted one another.

Wishing you well.

ektan
India

Post by ektan » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:42 pm

someone had asked me to "update thread", so just updating... I got my Graduate Visa today, 27 March, after completing my biometrics on Sat, 25 March. It was as easy as a breeze.
Thanks all for your support and encouragement.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:17 pm

ektan wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:42 pm
someone had asked me to "update thread", so just updating... I got my Graduate Visa today, 27 March, after completing my biometrics on Sat, 25 March. It was as easy as a breeze.
Thanks all for your support and encouragement.
Congratulations and the feedback is appreciated. Its from such that members get to learn and lean on other people's experiences.