ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT tier 2 to tier 4 dependant

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

detheh
Newly Registered

ICT tier 2 to tier 4 dependant

Post by detheh » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello,
I am currently on ICT tier 2 visa as a main applicant and my visa is expiring end of 2019.my husband is on dependant visa now & applying for tier 4 visa to pursue post graduation course starting from sep 2019.Me and my kids would be moving to tier 4 dependant visa status. I would appreciate advice & clarity on below questions;
1.Can I switch from ICT tier 2 main applicant to tier 4 dependent within UK? Or do I need to India and apply for tier 4 dependant from there?
2. Same question for my kids,can they switch from ict tier 2 dependant to tier 4 dependant within uk
3.Me and my kids needs to apply together?
Thank you for your support.

detheh
Newly Registered

Re: ICT tier 2 to tier 4 dependant

Post by detheh » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:13 pm

detheh wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:06 pm
Hello,
I am currently on ICT tier 2 visa as a main applicant and my visa is expiring end of 2019.my husband is on dependant visa now & applying for tier 4 visa to pursue post graduation course starting from sep 2019.Me and my kids would be moving to tier 4 dependant visa status. I would appreciate advice & clarity on below questions;
1.Can I switch from ICT tier 2 main applicant to tier 4 dependent within UK? Or do I need to India and apply for tier 4 dependant from there?
2. Same question for my kids,can they switch from ict tier 2 dependant to tier 4 dependant within uk
Thank you for your support.
Hello,
Please any help on above questions is much appreciated!
Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:08 am

detheh wrote:
1.Can I switch from ICT tier 2 main applicant to tier 4 dependent within UK?
Yes. See the information at gov.uk:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members > Dependants applying in the UK

and paragraph 49 of the Dependants Policy Guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

and paragraphs 319C(h) [partners] and 319H(h) [children] of the immigration rules:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
detheh wrote:
You all need to apply, so I don't understand why you would not apply together.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

detheh
Newly Registered

Post by detheh » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you Sah10406 for above answers.
My husband is on ICT dependant so I understand that he has to make tier 4 student visa application from home country.
Me & my kids would apply for tier 4 dependent within UK i.e why I said children & I need to apply together.
Hope this approach is fine?