ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS requirement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

IELTS requirement

Post by Shreakh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:51 pm

I have decided to go to UK for a Masters program and I have already got an offer from a UK university. I haven't done IELTS within the last two years but I have completed my BSc degree in the UK in 2012. (I got admission for a BSc Top up degree and completed it within 1 year and came back to the home country with the end of the PSW visa)

In my MSc offer, university hasn't advised me to do the IELTS. It's an unconditional offer. I'm guessing that's because of my prior education in the UK. Although the university doesn't need me to do IELTS, can this be a problem for my visa ?

James10101995
India

Re: IELTS requirement

Post by James10101995 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:12 am

You don't it if you already have a degree from English speaking country.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: IELTS requirement

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Shreakh wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:51 pm
Although the university doesn't need me to do IELTS, can this be a problem for my visa ?
No. It is not two separate requirements. The university ascertains whether you need to show evidence of your knowledge of English in the Student visa application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.