ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage after Visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kingjibe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Marriage after Visa application

Post by kingjibe » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:24 pm

This is my first post. Searching for an answer to this question brought me here so please pardon me If I am in the wrong section.

I applied for my student UK visa on August 10, 2021 as a single person without specifying any dependent since I wasn't married then even though I had a girlfriend/fiancee. But then, I got married on August 28 and I traveled down to the UK on the 23rd of September 2021. I have my BRP now and I am on a 2 year study visa to expire Jan 2024.

The issue now is I want my wife to come to join me in the UK in Jan 2023 as a dependent but I didn't list her as a dependent since we were not married at the time I filled my visa application. We have our marriage certificate now which I intend to use as proof of marriage. Aside this, we only have whatsapp exchange and no real joint stuffs though we have been staying together for 3 years.

Will my previous 'single' status not work against my wife application?
Please advise :?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Marriage after Visa application

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:59 am

kingjibe wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:24 pm
Will my previous 'single' status not work against my wife application?
No. She will need to meet the same requirements as any other spouse.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.