ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MISSING MIDDLE NAME ON CAS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Olamilekan
Newly Registered
Nigeria

MISSING MIDDLE NAME ON CAS

Post by Olamilekan » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:26 pm

Hello everyone, My CAS only has my first and last name on it but my passport and other documents has all my 3 names on them, please will this have any effect on my visa ?
A swift response will be appreciated 🙏🏽
P.S The first and last name are in accordance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: MISSING MIDDLE NAME ON CAS

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:28 am

Seems unlikely to matter, but if you are concerned just ask the university to add your middle name to the CAS as a Sponsor note.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Olamilekan
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Olamilekan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:41 am

What if I do a court affidavit that states that the name on the cas is same as the name on my other document
Like the name on the Cas is the same person as the name on other documents.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:47 am

Seems a very elaborate and expensive solution when you can just ask the university to change it!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Olamilekan
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Olamilekan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:45 am

I just made a call to the school and I explained the issue.
The lady who responded said no problem since my first name and last name appeared on my Cas the way it is on my other documents.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:59 am

The relevant field on the CAS asks for the student's "Given name(s)". If you have more than one given name, it would make sense for them to include them all, not just one.

It is probably not a big deal, but it is easy for them to add your other given name in the Sponsor note field, so if that would put your mind at rest you can ask them to do that.