ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on visa extension application form

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Myshkayar
Newly Registered
Russia

Mistake on visa extension application form

Post by Myshkayar » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’m currently in the uk and on Thursday I applied for Tier 4 visa extension so online form’s submitted, biometrics are done and I posted all the supporting documents as well. And today I’ve noticed that I made a mistake to the application from - in the question “do you have a National identity card (issued by non-uk government such as county identity card and internal passport). I answers no ( I don’t know what I was thinking about I think I was in ten rush and assumed it’s not applicable to me) but in fact I do have an internal passport of my homecontry. I know I’m an idiot. :shock: So what shall I do now? Is it possible to sent them a cover letter apologising and explaining the mistake + that passport will they accept it? I would rather not withdraw the entire application because 1) cost 2) my current visa expires on 1st of October
Also I was reading Tier 4 extension guide made by one of the Uk’s universities and they say that if you don’t have the details of the document or do not have it with on hands just answer no. So maybe it is not that critical? That passport is completely in different language and only can be used inside the county so it’s really just a piece of paper over here. Sorry for long text I’m just terrified of being accused of lying and getting ban! Has anyone been in similar situation?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Mistake on visa extension application form

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Speak to the international student adviser at your university. They are the best source of advice about this matter.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Myshkayar
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Myshkayar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:45 pm

An update in case if anyone will be in a similar situation. I contacted my university’s internal office and told them what happened I believe they possibly contacted HO the only answer I received from my advisor “you issue is solved”. And as the result visa extension was granted :D

Rakhameed
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rakhameed » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi, I wanted to ask under what circumstances you got the the extension because I failed one of my modules and they have given me a restudy option. I wonder if they will give me extension for that. My visa will be expiring on 17th of January and I don’t think I will be able to complete the module If I take the restudy option.

Myshkayar
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Myshkayar » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Rakhameed wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:35 pm
Hi, I wanted to ask under what circumstances you got the the extension because I failed one of my modules and they have given me a restudy option. I wonder if they will give me extension for that. My visa will be expiring on 17th of January and I don’t think I will be able to complete the module If I take the restudy option.
Hi, got my extension for masters course after undergraduate. I don’t see in problem in your situation. Happened to me during my second year, failed one of the unit and had to complete it again but unit was starting in February so uni curtailed my visa, I had to go back to home country and apply for brand new visa which was granted. And I still graduated with 1st class degree failed unit. So I really doubt they can refuse extension just because you failed a unit. Good luck