ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Beloved course is not eligible for Tier 4?!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SamanMJ
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

My Beloved course is not eligible for Tier 4?!

Post by SamanMJ » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:43 pm

Hello friends,

Could you please give me some advice on this?

I recently graduated from a UK university with my master's and still hold my tier 4 visa, which expires in Jan 2020.

Very recently, I applied and got accepted to a 9-month course in a private institution called 'The Prince's Foundation' with full scholarship. I was thrilled to get the news of my acceptance.. just to later be told by them that their course is not eligible for a tier 4 visa.

I was hoping that I could extend my current visa through my acceptance to this course especially since I am given a full scholarship.

How can I resolve this? Do you have a suggestion on how I can extend my stay? Are there any other routes I can possibly take?

Any help would be appreciated,
Saman

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: My Beloved course is not eligible for Tier 4?!

Post by sah10406 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:04 am

SamanMJ wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:43 pm
How can I resolve this? Do you have a suggestion on how I can extend my stay? Are there any other routes I can possibly take?
You probably cannot resolve it. There are two possibilities, but they are both long shots.

You can in theory switch to Tier 2 for sponsored skilled work, and do the course on the side of your work, if that is logistically possible. See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6617

You don't say when the new course starts, but if the institution is eligible to invite people on a short-term student visa, and they are happy to confirm in writing that you need the visa for no more than 6 months long, you could apply (outside the UK) for that visa and return to the UK on that basis. See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... udent-visa
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SamanMJ
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by SamanMJ » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks a lot for your response,

Sadly, both the options you mentioned are rather impossible. The course is quite intensive and I cannot work in any other place during the course (unless they can sponsor me as an employee, but I doubt it). Also, the course begins in Feb 2020, so I would need the whole 9 months worth of visa, so the short-term student visa cannot be an option.

I know that the school is happy to help me in whatever way they can, but neither they nor I have any idea how!

If there is any other ideas that anyone can suggest, it would be very much appreciated.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:09 am

SamanMJ wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:59 pm
If there is any other ideas that anyone can suggest, it would be very much appreciated.
Ask if you can do the course by distance learning.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.