ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need link to the correct student dependent online form

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

Correct Student Dependant Visa form

Post by sweet_soul » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:08 pm

Dear members,

I need urgent advise and I appreciate any help in advance.

I have been trying to help a friend and his wife for a student and dependent visa. She is the main student applicant and husband is dependent. They are applying from Nigeria and want to travel together.

After we have completed her application, paid and booked Biometrics (She is the Main Student Visa Applicant), we are now trying to apply for her husband's dependent application because they want to travel together.

Here is the problem. Under student visa sections of gov.uk, and under "your partner and children" section following are the the options available;

1- apply online as a partner
2- apply online as a child.

We use 1st option, the application form assumes that the dependent is the student and asks for his CAS not hers. Also, along the application form there is a page with "choose your visa type" and the drop down has all irrelevant options and the most closest option is student. But we are applying for dependent visa of an international student. If we choose that option, it starts asking for course details etc and it does not feel right.

Secondly, we have tried family dependent but that is irrelevant altogether. Basically, its for those dependents whose partners are already in UK.

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

Need link to the correct student dependent online form

Post by sweet_soul » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:20 pm

Hey every one

Please could you send me the link for correct Student dependent online form.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need link to the correct student dependent online form

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:25 pm

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ytics=true

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/visa-type

You are required to provide the CAS of the main student visa applicant in the depe dry form as it asks.

Note that we do Not have sight of the online forms and drop down options you say don't have what you need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

Re: Need link to the correct student dependent online form

Post by sweet_soul » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:14 am

thank you for your reply. i will check your links soon. the drop down on visa type has options like;

tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, tier 5, global talent, student, and a few more but not dependent. The safest option is "student". but ifvwe choose that it starts assuming thevdependent as student. every page after this has dependent's name on it. Lets assune depenfent is Bob. It asks things like;

provide bob's CAS number.
bob's sponsor (university's name)
sponsor's license numvber
course fee
course start date etc

if i mention main student applicant's detail here, it is not true information.

Your thoughts please?