ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent Visa Category for a Child who's on Tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DeeJay159
Newly Registered
India

Parent Visa Category for a Child who's on Tier 4 visa

Post by DeeJay159 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:21 am

I am on a Tier 2 ICT visa in the UK for past 4 years. My Son, who recently gave examinations for 11+ secondary schools has qualified through one of the private school, who does offer / sponsor Tier 4 Student Visa.

My question is that if the school offers Tier 4 Student Visa to my child, as a parent, is it possible for me to change my visa status category from Tier 2 ICT to some other category for e.g. Tier 2 General, etc., which relieves me from a 12 month cooling-off period and I can change my current employer and at a salary less than £159,600 and be in the UK to support my child's education ?

Please advise...!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Parent Visa Category for a Child who's on Tier 4 visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 pm

DeeJay159 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:21 am
My question is that if the school offers Tier 4 Student Visa to my child, as a parent, is it possible for me to change my visa status category from Tier 2 ICT to some other category for e.g. Tier 2 General, etc., which relieves me from a 12 month cooling-off period and I can change my current employer and at a salary less than £159,600 and be in the UK to support my child's education ?
If your child is 12 years old or less you could apply in your home country for a visa as the Parent of a Tier 4 child, but you could not work with such a visa nor switch in the UK to any other type of visa. See

https://www.gov.uk/parent-of-a-child-at-school-visa
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

DeeJay159
Newly Registered
India

Re: Parent Visa Category for a Child who's on Tier 4 visa

Post by DeeJay159 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Many thanks for a detailed and clear response. Appreciate that