ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pending Tier 4 visa extension and Graduate route visa application.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kikit
Newly Registered
Mood:

Pending Tier 4 visa extension and Graduate route visa application.

Post by Kikit » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:16 pm

Good afternoon,
I made a tier 4 visa extension application in January to extend for six months. The decision is still pending (the visa would have lasted till ending of September 2022 if it had been granted). I have now graduated in August and my university updated my completion to the home office for the graduate route a week ago.

My worry is whether to wait for the outcome of the pending extension application before putting in the graduate route considering the visa would have expired in September if it had been granted, and if home office will send an expired BRP when the extension application is eventually decided on, and if they do, what will be the implication?
Should I go ahead now and apply for the graduate route visa while the extension application is yet to be decided on?

I will appreciate your responses. Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Pending Tier 4 visa extension and Graduate route visa application.

Post by sah10406 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:07 am

Kikit wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:16 pm
Should I go ahead now and apply for the graduate route visa while the extension application is yet to be decided on?
Yes. It's called a variation. See

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vary-your-i ... pplication

The international student adviser at your university can probably advise on it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.