ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possibility to use Brothers funds as proof?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ss4adib
Newly Registered

Possibility to use Brothers funds as proof?

Post by ss4adib » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:45 pm

So I was thinking of applying for a Masters for this September 2020. I understand that maintenance funds can only be shown through my own accounts or my parents. However my brother will be the one financing my study.

If i understand correctly, looking at https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... quirements it says that relatives that aren't parents can only fund an applicant via the applicants or the applicants parents account, i.e. the money must be deposited to my or my parents accounts.
Now a few questions:

1) Would it be acceptable to the ECO if my brother sends my father the required funds and I use my fathers accounts as proof of funds (they are currently both resident in the UK)?

2) I know that I must provide my birth certificate to prove my relationship to my dad, but would I also require my brothers birth certificate or ID to prove that he is my dads son, i.e my brother?

3) What proofs will I have to show regarding the genuineness of the funds?

4) Are any cover letters from anyone necessary to clarify the situation regarding the funds?

I hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Possibility to use Brothers funds as proof?

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Ideally, the money should be in your account. Otherwise, forget your brother. Just remove him from the equation.

The one financing your studies is your father. Make sure he has the money in his account and demonstrate your relationship to him.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Possibility to use Brothers funds as proof?

Post by sah10406 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:41 am

ss4adib wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:45 pm
1) Would it be acceptable to the ECO if my brother sends my father the required funds and I use my fathers accounts as proof of funds (they are currently both resident in the UK)?
In theory yes, but if your brother is giving you this money, it would be simpler for him to transfer it to you, not to your father.
ss4adib wrote:
2) I know that I must provide my birth certificate to prove my relationship to my dad, but would I also require my brothers birth certificate or ID to prove that he is my dads son, i.e my brother?
No.
ss4adib wrote:
3) What proofs will I have to show regarding the genuineness of the funds?
Not sure what you mean by genuineness, or what your concern is, but you declare on the form that the funds are available to you for your studies.
ss4adib wrote:
4) Are any cover letters from anyone necessary to clarify the situation regarding the funds?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.