ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post-study work visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Afol
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post-study work visa

Post by Afol » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are doing well. I am a Masters Student and my visa is going to expire in 16th May of this year. Unfortunately, I had to re-sit for one of my coursework and the result of that coursework will get published after around 10 days of my visa getting expired, which would be 26th of May, this year.

Therefore, I would like to know that, if I apply for the PSW before my result gets published, will there be any issue? If so, what should I do in this condition. However, I am currently living with my dependent in the UK with me and I really want to get the PSW for both of us.

Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Post-study work visa

Post by sah10406 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:37 am

Afol wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:27 pm
if I apply for the PSW before my result gets published, will there be any issue?
Yes. You would not meet the most basic eligibility for the Graduate visa, which is that you have successfully completed a degree.
Afol wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:27 pm
If so, what should I do in this condition.
Ask your university to sponsor you for an extension of your Student visa for the re-sit.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.