ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on student visa to psw from July, 2021

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mwadhva9
Newly Registered
India

Query on student visa to psw from July, 2021

Post by mwadhva9 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi posting here as tier 1 (psw) thread is closed.

I have a query regarding the recently published guidelines about tier 1 (psw) where applications will be accepted from 1st July, 2021 and if I qualify for psw.

As per the guidelines I will have a valid student visa on 1st July, 2021 so I think I will be eligible for psw. However, not sure about the second criteria of completing the course on or after summer 2021. Please can any moderator help clarify my doubt whether my course will be considered to be completed before or after summer 2021. My course completion as per my result issue date (March, 2021 i.e before summer 2021) or as per graduation ceremony date (November, 2021 i.e after summer 2021).

Below is my course and visa timeline-
Started my MSc. course in September, 2019 (Course duration 18 months).
I submitted my dissertation in January, 2021.
Results expected in March, 2021 (all modules so far have been cleared at first attempt)
Graduation ceremony expected to be held in November, 2021.
Current student visa valid until 19th July, 2021

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Query on student visa to psw from July, 2021

Post by manci » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:41 pm

Apply for the Graduate permission to stay between 1 and 19 July (your visa expiry date).

Completion of your course must have been notified by the sponsor to the Home Office before the date of your application.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:33 pm

mwadhva9 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pm
My course completion as per my result issue date (March, 2021 i.e before summer 2021) or as per graduation ceremony date (November, 2021 i.e after summer 2021).
The requirement, as in paragraph GR 4.2 of Appendix Graduate is that

The applicant must have successfully completed the course of study which was undertaken during their last grant of permission to study on the Student route [...].

"Successfully completed" is now defined in paragraph 6.2 of the immigration rules:

“Successfully completed” means the Student [...] has completed their course and been assessed by their sponsor, and has been or will be awarded, a qualification that is:
(a) for the course of study for which their Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies was assigned[...].

Both are taken from the Statement of Changes from last week:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... march-2021
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mwadhva9
Newly Registered
India

Post by mwadhva9 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 pm

Thank you so much @manci » and sah10406 for the help.

manci » could you please clarify what exactly does the following statement means,

Completion of your course must have been notified by the sponsor to the Home Office before the date of your application.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:07 pm

mwadhva9 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 pm
could you please clarify what exactly does the following statement means,

Exactly as it says. The university will contact the Home Office on your behalf to confirm that you have successfully completed a relevant course and hence that you are eligible to apply under the Graduate route.

The exact procedure for this remains to be seen, but applications don't open for four months yet. it seems likely to involve the existing sponsor management system that both sponsors and the Home Office have access to, and which is used to raise the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies and notify the Home Office of various sponsor-related matters.

I do think you are over-thinking things.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.