Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Only for UK Tier 4 (Student) points system
Tier 4

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jeet_sp
Newly Registered
India

Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Post by jeet_sp » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi,
I am currently living in UK, holding Tier2-ICT VISA, which will expire soon. As I am not eligible to move to Tier2-General VISA, can any one please let me know, if my wife can get a student VISA and if I can get the dependant VISA then to stay in UK. Also, if its possible - then what kind of courses ( if part time/full time) are there, which she can target for this purpose. Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:05 am

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/eligibility

Note:
You must have:
an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SamTiger

Re: Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Post by SamTiger » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 am

jeet_sp wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:32 pm
Hi,
I am currently living in UK, holding Tier2-ICT VISA, which will expire soon. As I am not eligible to move to Tier2-General VISA, can any one please let me know, if my wife can get a student VISA and if I can get the dependant VISA then to stay in UK.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa

Your wife as she is a dependant of your visa is not eligible for switching over to Tier 4 if applying within UK. She will have to return to your country and apply for a fresh Tier 4 visa. On the other hand, you are eligible to switch over to Tier 4.